• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dip in the cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

well, being superstitious......seeing how there was a whole thread of it.....I seem to be doing fine without it right now....and when I personally think I've earned it .....I'll sport it.....(or until some IP give me $hit for not sporting it ;))

Pags

N/A
pilot
beau said:
well, being superstitious......seeing how there was a whole thread of it.....I seem to be doing fine without it right now....and when I personally think I've earned it .....I'll sport it.....(or until some IP give me $hit for not sporting it ;))

Hey man, whatever gives you the edge you need...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"Wings" on Dixie Cup .... a.k.a. another "edge" ??? The ultimate "dip" in a Navy cover/hat.
steve.jpg
258285.jpg

(edit: many smiles so noone gets offended ... :) :icon_mi_1 :p ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That looks cool.

I like the puffy Chief's combination covers from WWII. How they would stuff them and whatnot. Awesome.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
KBayDog said:
So, if I'm feeling like a rebel (or just having a bad day), I'll wear my pisscutter cocked to the right side like my WWII Gyrene forefathers. Perfectly legal, and gets a few looks from the old-timers. It is my way of walking on the grass with my hands in my pockets.

Semper Fi, Mac...

The old dudes used to tip their BARRACKS covers 45-deg to the side. THAT was sporty. Looking at old pictures, the old breed always seemed a little more rumpled in general than today. Probably had to do with being deployed for the duration, where the "duration" was 4 years. Not too many dry cleaners in the Mariannas in 1944.

I always do the right hand tip to where the lower edge is parallel to the deck. It looks better that way anyway.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogdriver said:
The old dudes used to tip their BARRACKS covers 45-deg to the side. THAT was sporty. Looking at old pictures, the old breed always seemed a little more rumpled in general than today. Probably had to do with being deployed for the duration, where the "duration" was 4 years. Not too many dry cleaners in the Mariannas in 1944.

That and... do you really care if your uniform is nice and pressed when you've got Japanese warships out there and Kamikaze's trying to kill you?

What's that old phrase? A unit that is inspection ready is not combat ready. A unit that is combat ready is not inspection ready. Something like that? Of course, I'm in training command still, so I'm just talking out of my a$$ really.

Pags

N/A
pilot
phrogdriver said:

I always do the right hand tip to where the lower edge is parallel to the deck. It looks better that way anyway.

I can't imagine trying to keep a cotton uniform looking nice in the heat/humidity of the South Pacific. You'd spend all night starching and ironing, only to have all your hard work undone by the environment.

It's so much easier to look good with synthetic uniforms with glued in creases.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pags said:
I can't imagine trying to keep a cotton uniform looking nice in the heat/humidity of the South Pacific. You'd spend all night starching and ironing, only to have all your hard work undone by the environment.

And sweat and bombs and bullets. Damn them! :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Pags said:

B00004CK1V.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Oh, Pags, Pags, Pags, .... NO No NO NO no NO NO nO ...... have the ship's laundry do it or have the ladies at the ashore laundry do it. When in "WESTPAC" -- let's call it what it is ... (it ain't the South Pacific -- that was a movie) ... :) :) (max smiles, so no-one hates me ;) )

You will lose 30+ pounds on a 6+ month deployment and be svelte and beautiful and ..... you get the idea. You put on a clean uniform @ 0600 and by 0900 you have broken your first sweat of the day .... so change your uniform @1200 --- it's a way of life in WESTPAC --- you can hardly wait, right ??? It's a way of life --- and it's good.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Don't worry about me A4s, I don't plan on wearing too many uniforms that require ironing, and if I do, I'll have someone else do it. As we've all heard, one of the keys to being an aviator is time management, and I don't have time to iron. Even now, while I wait in the helo pool, I don't have time to iron.

And yes, I'm trying as hard as possible to get to the west coast.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pags said:
Don't worry about me A4s, I don't plan on wearing too many uniforms that require ironing, and if I do, I'll have someone else do it.

I have the JOY of wearing khakis everyday I'm not flying (until those greens come...hells yeah). I am in the process of running my maid through PQS on how to properly iron/care for uniforms (she's already burned a nice iron imprint into one of my khaki shirts, lovely). Lots of fun for everyone.

and yes, I said MAID. sometimes the 3rd world rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.