• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

I checked it out..afraid Brett will flame spray me, but I thought the YouTube series looked pretty good (and realistic).

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I checked it out..afraid Brett will flame spray me, but I thought the YouTube series looked pretty good (and realistic).
I'm curious if this scenario - conventional war in The Baltics - is used in current O6 and above PME or War College....

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I'm curious if this scenario - conventional war in The Baltics - is used in current O6 and above PME or War College....
I know it was, at one point in the not too distant past, a deal at SAMS, so I imagine it makes it up there now and then.

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Chuck's latest man-crush. With history as our guide, it's bound to be terrible content.

🤔

I see no “man crush” in @ChuckMK23 ’s post. Did you watch the content he linked? Otherwise, you’re being awfully dismissive for a guy who espouses independent research and critical thinking…

Random8145

Contributor
Haha I’d totally forgotten about this movie
I always loved the message Tom Hanks gives to Geena Davis's character, when she leaves the team and he is asking why and she says, "It just got too hard," and he's like, "Of course it's hard. If it wasn't hard everybody would do it. The 'hard' is what makes it great."

Random8145

Contributor
Both Ukrainian and Western intelligence sources say Russia has lost about 70,000 troops in the past two months and about 550,000 so far since the start of the war, with a casualty rate right now of about 1,000 - 1,500 a month. At the current loss rate, they may raise their total losses to 700,000+ (I think they said 770,000) by the end of the year. Putin is seeking to win via mass and/or Western fatigue forcing Ukraine to negotiate. I am really curious at these loss rates how long Putin can sustain this.

hscs

pilot
Both Ukrainian and Western intelligence sources say Russia has lost about 70,000 troops in the past two months and about 550,000 so far since the start of the war, with a casualty rate right now of about 1,000 - 1,500 a month. At the current loss rate, they may raise their total losses to 700,000+ (I think they said 770,000) by the end of the year. Putin is seeking to win via mass and/or Western fatigue forcing Ukraine to negotiate. I am really curious at these loss rates how long Putin can sustain this.
Longer than Ukraine can sustain their losses.