• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Europe under extreme duress

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Random8145

Contributor
I don’t think he does. This whole thing is fairly similar to the Russia-Georgia conflict from 2008, just on a grander scale. I think that one was what, two weeks long and then a ceasefire was brokered?). I really do think he was overestimating Russian capabilities and and was hoping for a fast finish.

The AP is reporting they had to commit much more of their support/logistics elements than initially planned and are quickly running out of the supplies needed to sustain the fight. Unless Putin has gone nuts (which is an actual possibility), I don’t think he has much in reserve.
Do you have a link? Been Googling but can't find this one.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
On BY/UA border, Belarus side. Trying to track Russian troops crossing the border and inform bros to South. Cat-and-mouse with BY road and border police.
Curious about Belarus people support of Russian invasion. Of course Belarus government is pro Russian. But what do ordinary Belarusians think? Do they see independant foreign press reports?

FloridaDad

Curious about Belarus people support of Russian invasion. Of course Belarus government is pro Russian. But what do ordinary Belarusians think? Do they see independant foreign press reports?
You have to remember that last year Belarus tried to overthrow Lukashenko and he was bailed out by Putin, so the average Belarusian citizen is not a fan of either man. Especially after the violent and horrific response to their protests last year. It's pretty safe to say that the public isn't behind what's happening, but they were put down pretty brutally last year so who knows if we'll see any of that expressed publicly.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I find it interesting that Russia refuses to acknowledge any military losses thus far. Social media must be keeping the Russian people informed and even if the Ukrainian numbers are a bit inflated, there must be some trepidation at sons not coming home.

Random8145

Contributor
From scouring the news:

Forner Estonian defense minister saying he has intelligence that Putin apparently is raging that his military hasn't even taken control of a single city in Ukraine, apparently he thought this would be a pushover. He says that if the Ukrainians can hold off the Russians for ten days, Putin will be forced to the negotiating table, that the Russian military doesn't have more than about three days worth of rockets and are using them sparingly, and the factories in Russia can't resupply them at the pace needed. Also that Russia has now been cut off from raw materials needed for their manufacture.

Many wondering if Putin is going to super dial up the pressure now with thermobaric weapons.

Apparently only half of Russian troops amassed at border have invaded, not sure what that means (like are the other half fully equipped or for support)

Ukrainian man posted a video of some Russian tanks that had run out of fuel. He asked them if they needed a tow back to Russia. Also ironic that RUSSIA, one of the biggest fossil fuel countries on the planet, invading a NEIGHBORING country, has vehicles running out of fuel. Of course this could just be an isolated incident not representative of the Russian forces as a whole.

Thousands of Russians in Russia coming out to protest the invasion. Not saying they represent the feelings if the majority of Russians, but showing massive courage to do that with a thug like Putin in charge.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
From scouring the news:

Forner Estonian defense minister saying he has intelligence that Putin apparently is raging that his military hasn't even taken control of a single city in Ukraine, apparently he thought this would be a pushover. He says that if the Ukrainians can hold off the Russians for ten days, Putin will be forced to the negotiating table, that the Russian military doesn't have more than about three days worth of rockets and are using them sparingly, and the factories in Russia can't resupply them at the pace needed. Also that Russia has now been cut off from raw materials needed for their manufacture.
FWIW, I've seen 5-6 different "out of fuel" videos, all clearly different places.

I’m unsure if the rumor of logistical problems is true. However, we always pay attention to the decisive actions in the war, but the outcomes can be largely attributed to factors before conflicts are joined. A good example is the Falklands conflict when the Brits had little residual capacity but still met policy objectives. It also played a key reason why the 1st Marine Division wasn’t overrun at Chosin - regardless of Marine propaganda following the conflict.

I am more curious on the aspects of command and control the Russians are employing and how effective they are at meeting military objectives (….and by extension how it translates to policy objectives).

Random8145

Contributor
I’m unsure if the rumor of logistical problems is true. However, we always pay attention to the decisive actions in the war, but the outcomes can be largely attributed to factors before conflicts are joined. A good example is the Falklands conflict when the Brits had little residual capacity but still met policy objectives. It also played a key reason why the 1st Marine Division wasn’t overrun at Chosin - regardless of Marine propaganda following the conflict.

I am more curious on the aspects of command and control the Russians are employing and how effective they are at meeting military objectives (….and by extension how it translates to policy objectives).
I've read that the British logistics during the Falklands were world-class. It was in an article about a paper by some Chinese defense experts writing admiringly about the British logistics in it (as Xi Xinping has called for the Chinese military to improve its logistics capabilities).

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Extremely negative. Many Belarusians have two passports BY/UA and relatives both sides. Today is BY Constitution referendum, expect kinda revolt against this war. Rumors BY SOF entered Ukraine in Russian order and uniform. When confirmed, the mass deserting of conscripts from BY military warranted, possibly with arms. This moron Putin puts his head into hornets nest

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
The AP is reporting they had to commit much more of their support/logistics elements than initially planned and are quickly running out of the supplies needed to sustain the fight.
Not only that, their C4 system agonizes. Ukraine may have mostly Russian-origin weapon but our ECM means are thankfully more modern. Russians forced to use personal cellphones in roaming, which is easily blocking by services.

Random8145

Contributor
This goes to show why you don't just go Russian into a conflict.

Putin did Nazi* the resistance he'd be facing.

Now the questions remains how much will Russia's government and people keep Putin up with him.

I am wondering if the scene in his headquarters is sort of like that scene from "Der Untergang" where Hitler throws the huge rant.

*in reference to Putin claiming the Ukrainian government are Nazis