• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

F-14 Dual Controls ??

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm surprised it took all of you senior gents so long to reach this conclusion. ..... (no pun intended).
It didn't ... "we few, we Senior few" ... like to have people bury themselves via the simple expedient of letting them post and post for all to see .... it's better that way, trust me. :)

You don't REALLY think "we" just came in off the noon plane ... do you??? :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here, here...:icon_smil

I was born at night...but not last night. ;)

Grant

What the hell is a citizen volunteer? Is that a wannabe cop?

Precisely. Alot of cities have the "Police Auxiliary", they're volunteers that get to wear a uniform and badge, flashlight and radio, but no gun or power of arrest. They're glorified security guards.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
schrute.jpg

Lawman

None
Precisely. Alot of cities have the "Police Auxiliary", they're volunteers that get to wear a uniform and badge, flashlight and radio, but no gun or power of arrest. They're glorified security guards.

Some people doing the Auxiliary are just trying to get their foot in the door and waiting their turn to get a sponcership for the next round of hirings. Others are retired LEO's who just want something to do with their new found free time and avoid sitting at home bored as hell. And then there are "Those Guys."

When I went into the Private Sector I quickly Identified the Asst Chief in the company as being one of "those guys." Failed out of 4 seperate Police Academy programs either due to not being physically qualified (cant run 1 mile in under 9 minutes) or for failing the exams. He later got a job working as a Police Auxiliary drove around in his big truck trying to look all jack booted thug in his uniform messing with skateboarders and the like. Well one night he rolls up on a robbery in progress and calls it in on his radio, his orders were observe from safety and update as neccesary officers are on route. Then Captain Wannabe jumps out of his truck and gets behind the engine block and with black gloves on his one hand proceeds to make a gun with his fingers and in the dark yell "Freeze" at an armed perp. Luckily the perp drops his weapon as not only was this happening but a Radio Car is pulling on to the scene and actual police officers are getting out guns drawn. This asshat is fired that night and word got around really fast to every other LE outfit in the area to avoid this guy at all costs. Unfortunately he somehow convinces his buddy the owner of a Private Security Company and a retired real police officer that he can work a managers position within the company. Needless to say there were basically two types of people in our company, those who listened to Danny and those with enough smarts to tell him "F off if you dont like it lets talk to the Chief about it." I butted heads with that guy repeatedly before I got out.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
One of our campus security guys looks and acts, JUST like this guy.

97595567_d0b67df8e1_m.jpg

He doesn't respond to well to the name, I'm told...

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
This is no BS

Now wait a minute. This guy claims to be a non-winged person who allegedly got "stick time" in a non-existent dual controlled Tomcat. Then you're telling us another story about him and his RIO? I'm calling BS on the BS.

Brett

Brett, I s*&t you not. There are inconsistencies I know, but I'm only relaying the BS this guy leaked from his suck. If it sounded reasonable, this psycho would still have a department ID card and access to our building. It's not easy to keep track of story after story if you're a BS artist like this guy.

I just like having my ducks in a row when I look somebody in the eye and tell them they are full of it, hence my original question on dual controls in the 14. I, unfortunately, haven't gotten the opportunity to speak down to him yet but I'm sure I'll bump into him soon enough when he comes up for air.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
What exactly is your background? Your handle is alluding to Naval Aviation? Yes?

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
For FMRAM and the rest, I was one of the last of the H-2 guys. Came out of HSL-31 at North Island (FRS) and then to HSL-33, basically the same location at North Island. I was USNR and at that time (circa 1993) is when they were putting us 1315 guys on the chopping block because the navy was "rightsizing." That was a crock. Then SECNAV John Dalton used that word (rightsizing) at a conference at Hotel Circle North in San Diego when he was talking with a bunch of helo guys. I guess he may not have known about half of us were facing termination. What an idiot. When the guy who was the non-performer 1310 (USN) gets to stay and the hard charging 1315 guys are getting the axe, that's not "right sizing." I think I good amount of guys augmented to regular navy. A few of us weren't so lucky. One of the junior Os who I considered pretty darn squared away, Fred Sisk (If you're reading this Fred you can thank me over a cold one), got the axe about a year before me. I knew that if the navy was willing to give him the boot, I was surely a potential victim. Eventually it happened but not before a couple counter narcotics cruises, a westpac and making HAC.

Pretty much unemployed, I did make it into HSL-84, to fly the Super Seasprite, the SH-2G. That lasted for a little while until I found work with the Sheriff's department and the candle began burning at both ends. 12.5 hour days at work and then having to go to fly and make it back to work for another 12.5 didn't mix well for long. So, no more reserves.

After 12 years though, I made it into my department's aviation unit and I couldn't be happier. More aircraft flying and a whole lot less desk flying.

As far as the whacked out story about the F-14 guy...I'll say it again. The stories make absolutely no sense. I realize that. They were told to me and several other guys in my unit over the course of several months. I am only passing them on for amusement value and because somebody asked why I wanted to know about if the 14 had dual controls.

If there is anybody in the San Diego area that would like to swing by Sheriff's Aviation at Gillespie field to check out our operation shoot me an e-mail. xnvyflyer@yahoo.com We'll make it happen.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We got to get you some aviator wings under your name now.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Well unless he's getting better at his stories, xnvyflyer is definately not "Skeeterman". :D

USMC Helo Bubba

Contributor
For FMRAM and the rest, I was one of the last of the H-2 guys. Came out of HSL-31 at North Island (FRS) and then to HSL-33, basically the same location at North Island. I was USNR and at that time (circa 1993) is when they were putting us 1315 guys on the chopping block because the navy was "rightsizing." That was a crock. Then SECNAV John Dalton used that word (rightsizing) at a conference at Hotel Circle North in San Diego when he was talking with a bunch of helo guys. I guess he may not have known about half of us were facing termination. What an idiot. When the guy who was the non-performer 1310 (USN) gets to stay and the hard charging 1315 guys are getting the axe, that's not "right sizing." I think I good amount of guys augmented to regular navy. A few of us weren't so lucky. One of the junior Os who I considered pretty darn squared away, Fred Sisk (If you're reading this Fred you can thank me over a cold one), got the axe about a year before me. I knew that if the navy was willing to give him the boot, I was surely a potential victim. Eventually it happened but not before a couple counter narcotics cruises, a westpac and making HAC.

Pretty much unemployed, I did make it into HSL-84, to fly the Super Seasprite, the SH-2G. That lasted for a little while until I found work with the Sheriff's department and the candle began burning at both ends. 12.5 hour days at work and then having to go to fly and make it back to work for another 12.5 didn't mix well for long. So, no more reserves.

After 12 years though, I made it into my department's aviation unit and I couldn't be happier. More aircraft flying and a whole lot less desk flying.

As far as the whacked out story about the F-14 guy...I'll say it again. The stories make absolutely no sense. I realize that. They were told to me and several other guys in my unit over the course of several months. I am only passing them on for amusement value and because somebody asked why I wanted to know about if the 14 had dual controls.

If there is anybody in the San Diego area that would like to swing by Sheriff's Aviation at Gillespie field to check out our operation shoot me an e-mail. xnvyflyer@yahoo.com We'll make it happen.

Guess the "senior few" missed on this one after all.