• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

jetullis6

Been there done that
Applying to the AMDO board here are my stats 3.90 GPA Interdisciplinary Studies, 5/6/5/ 48, LoR from CDR, 4 Appraisals 3 from CAPT's and 1 CDR, Currently stationed with the Blue Angels sent my package 2 weeks ago keeping my fingers crossed!

NavyIntel

I was wondering if anyone knows if the "funding issues" will have any effects on boards convening or if everything will continue as scheduled. I applied for IDC/Intel 04 Feb. Thank you for the input, less than 2 weeks till the board convenes.

Matthew Smith

Hazegrey05
I was wondering if anyone knows if the "funding issues" will have any effects on boards convening or if everything will continue as scheduled. I applied for IDC/Intel 04 Feb. Thank you for the input, less than 2 weeks till the board convenes.

There are always "funding issues" but I seriously doubt that it will effect the any of the boards this FY beings as though the money was already allocated last year. Big Navy doesn't plan year by year and they have to be able to project their costs 10-30+ years from now because lets face it, it takes more than a couple of years to build an aircraft carrier. This rationale filters down to manpower, logistics etc., that said OCS is the valve that they are able to turn on/off as needed to get the magic number of officers that they need taking into account projected attrition, retirements, etc. I'm not sure how it works for Officers but I was at a conference 2 years ago that said everytime a Master Chief retires it opens up 6 billets to Chief, 3 to Senior Chief and 1-2 to Master Chief.

exNavyOffRec

There are always "funding issues" but I seriously doubt that it will effect the any of the boards this FY beings as though the money was already allocated last year. Big Navy doesn't plan year by year and they have to be able to project their costs 10-30+ years from now because lets face it, it takes more than a couple of years to build an aircraft carrier. This rationale filters down to manpower, logistics etc., that said OCS is the valve that they are able to turn on/off as needed to get the magic number of officers that they need taking into account projected attrition, retirements, etc. I'm not sure how it works for Officers but I was at a conference 2 years ago that said everytime a Master Chief retires it opens up 6 billets to Chief, 3 to Senior Chief and 1-2 to Master Chief.

Close, 3% of enlisted can be CPO, 3% SCPO, and 1% MCPO, so it really depends on current overall manning, it a MCPO retires but total strengh drops then there may not be the numbers to replace him. In a perfect scenario MCPO retires, then one SCPO selected to MCPO, a CPO selected to SCPO and a PO1 selected to CPO

Steve Finch

First time applying 

Sex: M

Warfare Devices: IDW/EXW/SW
Degree: B.S. and A.A. 
GPA: 3.25 (BS) and 3.8 (AA)

Language(s): Spanish (3/3 DLPT 5)

Extracurricular Activity: Volunteer for multiple organizations

LOR's: O-6 (SEAL), O-6 (IW), CWO4 (IW)

Interview(s): O-4 (IW), O-3 (IW), O-3 (IW), all 10's 

OAR: 56 

Community that I'm Applying for: IW, SWO-IW, SWO-IP

Tenzo82

Good Luck everybody. I'm already working on my package again for resubmission for Sept board. I have certification I needed to include and my DLPT result in Lao and Thai. Best of luck to everybody.

NavyIntel

Time is getting close. I hope results will be out the week of the 11th. Sounds like it only take a week for results to come out once the board convenes. We should have results in 2 weeks :D

USAF_WX2USN

Time is getting close. I hope results will be out the week of the 11th. Sounds like it only take a week for results to come out once the board convenes. We should have results in 2 weeks :D

That would be great! (I take my E6 test on 14 FEB and if I know prior to that the better ;))

I'm just happy that my kit made it. I received gouge that it was put in the computer on 08 JAN and was worried it was marked late. My recruiter and processor haven't heard anything different. I'm assuming it was send late from the mountain time zone and not entered in til the next day.

Batou365

24/Male/Non-prior
44 OAR GPA 2.95
3 year Collegiate Athlete in Football
Countless volunteer experience
Licensed to sell Life, Accident, and Health Insurance
LOR's: O-3, Friend who plays Pro Football, Employer
Strong Motivation Statement
MEPS Qualified

Hoping the whole person concept prevails. Applying for Intel

Sumit

24/Male/Non-prior
44 OAR GPA 2.95
3 year Collegiate Athlete in Football
Countless volunteer experience
Licensed to sell Life, Accident, and Health Insurance
LOR's: O-3, Friend who plays Pro Football, Employer
Strong Motivation Statement
MEPS Qualified

Hoping the whole person concept prevails. Applying for Intel

How about the scores in PFAR/FOFAR etc? You need to take the whole ASTB exam for Intel.

afwx

Booyahkah
I never took the full exam because my OR said it wasnt required for Intel. Unless im mistaken...

Me neither, mine said the same thing. He said you USED to have to but it is no longer a requirement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2