• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

cardeea

They won't show up in Bupers till you are/not selected. You can call to see if your package was received/processed at 910-874-9366/9028

The area code is ***. Also I had a 10 min conversation with ext 9028 today and he stated it's a conflict of interest by calling them and you should confirm through your processor. Super nice guy as he also notice my area code and knew my processor and confirmed that I was good to go knowing my processor is a person of character/ integrity. I do feel bad that I called due to it was verbally confirmed my kit was in by my OR. I just needed to hear it from the accepting party, because I have missed one board already no fault to anyone. Long story short contact your processor and just blankley ask.

Good Luck

PS: I removed area code and rec that you contact your processor.

cardeea

Also ALL KITS that have been submitted HAVE been processed!! I can confirm that to EVERYONE if your package was submitted.

Again Good Luck,

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
my fears were confirmed when I was notified that although I had all my paperwork in back in november, my application wasn't submitted. No excuse was given other than "various factors" that kept my recruiter from answering my e-mails or picking up his phone "in the past month" (it's taken weeks to get a response on anything from the start)

It wasn't even acknowledged in the e-mail that my package should be complete at this point given I had confirmation from my OR that he'd received everything and it was filed.

I'm pretty frustrated and I've had bad luck with recruiters in general. Is it time to work with a new office?

BackOrdered

Contributor
my fears were confirmed when I was notified that although I had all my paperwork in back in november, my application wasn't submitted. No excuse was given other than "various" factors" that kept my recruiter from answering my e-mails or picking up his phone "in the past month" (it's taken weeks to get a response on anything from the start)

It wasn't even acknowledged in the e-mail that my package should be complete at this point given I had confirmation from my OR that he'd received everything and it was filed.

I'm pretty frustrated and I've had bad luck with recruiters in general. Is it time to work with a new office?

You misspelled "vacation."

Xin Xia

Pro-Rec Supply Corp
They won't show up in Bupers till you are/not selected. You can call to see if your package was received/processed at 910-874-9366/9028

How is going? Do you know how long it normally takes them to update the info? I am nervously waiting for the Jan. 14 Supply Board result. Thank you much.

exNavyOffRec

my fears were confirmed when I was notified that although I had all my paperwork in back in november, my application wasn't submitted. No excuse was given other than "various factors" that kept my recruiter from answering my e-mails or picking up his phone "in the past month" (it's taken weeks to get a response on anything from the start)

I feel for you, what were your stats so I can give you better direction.

Beefalo

I still never got word about my package either. Emailed fleet processor twice and no response. Im just hoping they are super packed with applications to respond.

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
I feel for you, what were your stats so I can give you better direction.
48 OAR
3.38 non-tech degree
-IT minor
-2 IT certifications
-Japanese language experience
LOR AF O-5, retired USMC O-6, school advisor
-was applying for SWO-IW, IW, and Intel, but the OR back in October told me "no, we'll have you put down all 5 possible choices" looks like that didn't happen.
I'm still interested in applying for SWO if I can actually get submitted in time (I don't have a lot of faith in the system at this point)

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
48 OAR
3.38 non-tech degree
-IT minor
-2 IT certifications
-was applying for SWO-IW, IW, and Intel, but the OR back in October told me "no, we'll have you put down all 5 possible choices" looks like that didn't happen.
I'm still interested in applying for SWO if I can actually get submitted in time (I don't have a lot of faith in the system at this point)
Also: according to (http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/NOTICES/FY13 BOARDSKED By Community - Encl 4 - 17Oct13 Rev.pdf), there's another IDC board in March? Is this accurate? and would my odds be lessened at this board?

You have until 2/1 to submit SWO but you'll need to get your MEPS and PQ letter out of the way
Thanks. My OR originally said my MEPS physical from March 2012 (I applied for OTS with the AF before) would still be good, I'm not sure how true this is now.

exNavyOffRec

48 OAR
3.38 non-tech degree
-IT minor
-2 IT certifications

I wonder if they "pigeon-holed" your application because it isn't really strong for IDC? SWO IW/IW continually list not having a year of Calc and Calc based physics as a "significant negative factor" which means selection doubtful. Try for SWO, you have a better shot at that.

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
I wonder if they "pigeon-holed" your application because it isn't really strong for IDC? SWO IW/IW continually list not having a year of Calc and Calc based physics as a "significant negative factor" which means selection doubtful. Try for SWO, you have a better shot at that.
I was thinking similarly, but I originally came into the office in October about NFO. When my ASTB was sub-par, the OR said "okay well you still look competitive for intelligence let's have you apply for all 5 possible choices then". I don't see why he would be honest with me about not being competitive for NFO but not IDC.

Regardless, do you think I should try working with a different office? Or is it too close to deadline to run that risk?
And on the off chance I did get picked up for SWO, how feasible is a lateral transfer into restricted line later? I've always heard it thrown out their as a possibility, but if it's highly improbable in the next 4 years that would be good to know.

exNavyOffRec

I was thinking similarly, but I originally came into the office in October about NFO. When my ASTB was sub-par, the OR said "okay well you still look competitive for intelligence let's have you apply for all 5 possible choices then". I don't see why he would be honest with me about not being competitive for NFO but not IDC.

Regardless, do you think I should try working with a different office? Or is it too close to deadline to run that risk?
And on the off chance I did get picked up for SWO, how feasible is a lateral transfer into restricted line later? I've always heard it thrown out their as a possibility, but if it's highly improbable in the next 4 years that would be good to know.

To be honest some OR's just say things without having data, I would have said go for SWO and give IDC a shot as well but keep expectations low.

Some areas have other NRD's close, some do not so I can't say whether going to another office would help or not.

Lat transfers are something you shouldn't count on, you could be lucky and get it first time, or never, you need to be prepared to be happy with what you go in as for your career, however long that is.