• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

exNavyOffRec

What is the last day to submit an addendum to my package for the Feb 4th IDC board? I'm working on my EIDWS right now. Thank you

Once submitted that is essentially it, CIRIMS only allows changes at certain levels, once past the NRC processor it has to be rejected back to the NRC processor, and it could miss board that way.

If you are close just wait to submit until a few days before the deadline.

USAF_WX2USN

NavyOffRec,

Is there a publication or regulation in writing that states that MEPS is not required for IDC/SWO-IDC? Or the regulation it is required for SWO?

With it now being Dec 21 and with Christmas/New Years coming up, I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to go to MEPS on time and that is what is currently holding up my package for the Jan 7th cut off. If I can submit for the IDC/SWO-IDC without the physical and then can turn it in late to make the Feb 1 cut off for SWO, it would really ease my mind.

Thank you!

USAF_WX2USN

Anybody have the stats for the proposed quotas available for this board?

Found this post from NavyOffRec a while back. He did mention there were still a few spots for FY13 and that they'll pick up to half of what the goal was for FY14.

Surface ED goal of 3, 6 identified CLOSED FY13
Surface IP goal of 6, 4 identified (So, two for FY13, 3 for FY 14?)
Surface Oceano goal of 5, 4 identified (So, one for FY13, 2.5 for FY 14?)
Surface IW goal of 5, 4 identified (So, 1 for FY13, 2.5 for FY 14?)
IP goal of 0, 1 identified CLOSED FY13
IW goal of 14, 13 identified (this clears the backlog)
Intel goal of 18, 18 identified CLOSED FY13 (this clears the backlog)
PAO goal of 1, 0 identified only taking apps from those on AD
Oceano goal of 2, 1 identified (So, 1 for FY13, 1 for FY 14?)
Cyberwarfare goal of 3, 2 identified (So, 1 for FY13, 1.5 for FY 14?)

He said he'll post any updates.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Hope everyone has been diligently working on their OCS packages ensuring they are"crossing their t's and dotting their i's." The January 7th application deadline for the February 4th IDC board is fast approaching. The February 4th IDC board is for the purpose of "picking any remaining FY13 quotas and PART of FY14 quotas" Right now we can only speculate how many Pro' Rec selections make a "part" and what the overall FY14 quotas are for this upcoming board. What we do know is that there are a few (very few) FY13 quotas which still have to be met. With the few (very few) FY13 quotas remaining and the partial selection of FY14 quotas having to be identified, this selection board should have decent numbers. The next scheduled IDC board isn't until October 14th 2013. Best wishes and Good Luck to all February 4th IDC board OCS applicants.

USAF_WX2USN

I'm hoping to hear back from my recruiter today about getting everything finished up. I believe I have everything done on my end and turned into my recruiter, just need to get the stuff done that they have to sign off. It looks like I'll probably be doing MEPS after this package is turned into the SWO March board.

Now assuming the same package meets all the boards, is it difficult to add the medical portion to a package already submitted to a previous board?

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I'm hoping to hear back from my recruiter today about getting everything finished up. I believe I have everything done on my end and turned into my recruiter, just need to get the stuff done that they have to sign off. It looks like I'll probably be doing MEPS after this package is turned into the SWO March board.

Now assuming the same package meets all the boards, is it difficult to add the medical portion to a package already submitted to a previous board?

Assumption correct, your package will be seen by all convening boards for designators you applied for. So in your case, your package will be seen in February for the IDC board and also for the SWO board in March. No, it is not difficult to add documents to a package previously submitted. You can make addendums (changes or additions) to your package prior to the board convening date. I am AD, so the process may be slightly different for you. I'm working with the Fleet OCS Processor and it sounds like you are working with an OR at the MEPS. The medical forms are DD 2808 and DD 2807-1. Your basic forms for military entry and/or commissioning. It should not be a problem to add these documents to your OCS package. Below is the email correspondence between the Fleet OCS processor and me regarding addendums to packages:

Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:06 PM
To: Ward, Joel ET2 CID
Subject: RE: OCS package questions

ET2 Ward,

You may submit changes at any time and the additional documents will be
added to your Kit.

Once the board collects the applications, only the documents received at
that time are reviewed.

You are encouraged to include all documents when resubmitting a new
Application.

If submitting a reconsideration application, the old application documents
(including the documents that did not make it to the previous board) will be
sent along with your reconsideration application to the next board.

V/r

Batou365

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster on the site. 24/M/Non prior. I've submitted my package to the February 4th IDC board for Intel. Someone posted this on the USNavyOCS forum 4 days ago:

Naval Service Training Command has signed off on the projected "Goals and targets" for "FY13 Officer Accession" numbers. On pdf page 30, titled "OCS Attrition Report" under the "NRC" columns there are quota numbers for for each community. I am sure these are soft numbers to allow flexibility in the recruiting goals. Has anyone seen this type of report before?
http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/nstc_Directives/NSTC_Notices/NSTCNOTE%201500-%20FY13%20Officer%20Accessions_092112.pdf

It appears Intel has an AP Goal of 37 and an NRC goal of 41 FY13. Not sure what the difference is so i'm hoping someone could elaborate on that. Thought i'd pass these projected numbers out for us OCS hopefuls out there.

Tenzo82

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all,

This is my first time applying for OCS and below is my stats.

I am applying for IP/SWO-IP/SWO for the Feb/March 2013 board.

30 years old with 11 years AD IT1 (IDW/SW/AW)

OAR: 41
GPA: 3.4 with Information Technology Major
Interviews: 2 O-5, 2 O-4 (9’s and 10’s)
LORs: 1 O-6 (Fleet IP officer), 1 O-5, 1 O-4, 1 Senior Enlisted OIC
Awards: 1 NCM, 2 NAM, Sailor of the Year 2006, and JSOQ

Evals: EP,EP,P (new First class),EP, and P (New guy “P”)
PFA: Mainly Good-High, Excellent, Excellent
BCA: Since joining the U.S Navy I always needed the tape “Short and Stocky”

This is my second Enlisted to Officer package. I am also applying for LDO program and awaiting results between Feb and March. My evals can be better but the write-up is great.

Does anybody know if IP quotas are closed for FY-13 and FY-14?

Good Luck and hope to see you at OCS!

Tenzo82

NavyIntel, I'm in a similar situation when it comes to OCS. Also AD (ET2 8 yrs.) I have submitted my first (hopefully only) OCS package for the upcoming IDC and SWO-IDC board set to convene 4 March 2013. Your stats look good. Considering you are currenlty an IS which falls under the IDC community, I think you have a great shot of getting selected. Do you have your EIDWS Warfare pin? Having spoken to the IP OCM, Captain Darenkamp Bupers-317, having your EIDWS Warfare pin will moreso increase your chances of getting selected especially being from the enlisted side of Information Dominance. To give you amplifying infromation, board doesn't want to see your SF-86, they want to see your JPAS printout (personnel summary only). At this point, I would be happy get selected in any designator within the IDC Community. I have Apprasial Sheets from one 1810/IW, two 1820's IP, two SWO 1110, one 2505, (don't ask lol) one 3100, and one 6422, but I'm sure if someone "cuts the mustard" and the IDC community is interested in what you have to offer, they may be willing select a candidate for Intel or perhaps the SWO-IDC community. You have three choices of desired community/designator on your 1420.1B application, I would definitly fill all those blanks in IDC designators if I were in your shoes. LOR's are not required for AD guys like us. Can be submitted but not required. LOR's are for the civilian applicants with degrees attempting to commission as an Officer. NAVCRUIT 1131/5 (REV 05-2011) Interveiwer's Appraisal Sheet is what us AD guys should to be using. Once OCS package is complete, follow this order of paperwork for faster processing:

1. Applications page 1 of 1420.1B
2. ASTB scores
3. JPAS printout (personnel summary only)
4. Applications pgs 2-10 and 14. Do not put the CO's endorsement pg's 9 and 10 at the beginning of the application. Put in order. Example: page 1, ASTB scores, JPAS printout pages
5. Interviews (Apprasial sheets)
6. Evaluations (single pages no back to back)
7. Transcripts (copies or originals are accepted if sent via email) )(PDF format ONLY not to exceed 10MB emailed to cnrc_officerapps@navy.mil Fleet processor Ted Williams)
8. Awards
9. Recommendations
10. Anthropometric Measurements (if applicable)
11. Nuclear Drug form/security form (NUC programs only)
12. Last 3 PRIMS printouts
13. SMART transcripts (printed from computer - all three sections)
14. Extra Misc. forms (example emailed age-waiver from OCM)
15. Copy of Birth Certificate
16. DD forms 2808 and 2807-1 and EKG w/Interpretation and blood work to include HIV results (under 2 years old)

Good luck, I hope this helps

Are you active duty or prior service? The form I was told to use was the Fleet Officer Checklist send by FC1 Hickman (now PS1 Fenton) Fleet Processor for AD. I remember the order of paperwork you listed are old and please correct me if I am wrong.

Attachments

• NAVCRUIT 1131 56 JUN12.pdf
    125.9 KB · Views: 25

Tenzo82

NavyIntel, I was forwarded this inforation directly from the OCS Fleet Processor, Mr. Ted Williams. He is the indivdual who handles all OCS packages verifying completeness prior to the the OCM getting a hold of them. Think of him as the "quality and control" guy for Fleet Applicants such as ourselves. If you send me and inbox with your email address, I can send you the word document I recieved from Mr. Williams. Trust and believe, I have become very knowledgeable with the 1420.1B line item by line item. In fact, your addendum will also be sent to the same POC. Best of luck to you as well.

Can you please send me the word document you received from Mr. Williams. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

IT1

exNavyOffRec

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster on the site. 24/M/Non prior. I've submitted my package to the February 4th IDC board for Intel. Someone posted this on the USNavyOCS forum 4 days ago:

Naval Service Training Command has signed off on the projected "Goals and targets" for "FY13 Officer Accession" numbers. On pdf page 30, titled "OCS Attrition Report" under the "NRC" columns there are quota numbers for for each community. I am sure these are soft numbers to allow flexibility in the recruiting goals. Has anyone seen this type of report before?
http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/nstc_Directives/NSTC_Notices/NSTCNOTE%201500-%20FY13%20Officer%20Accessions_092112.pdf

It appears Intel has an AP Goal of 37 and an NRC goal of 41 FY13. Not sure what the difference is so i'm hoping someone could elaborate on that. Thought i'd pass these projected numbers out for us OCS hopefuls out there.

These numbers are all estimates and several have already changed, some vary more than others, but for the most part FY13 is done with for recruiting.

exNavyOffRec

Assumption correct, your package will be seen by all convening boards for designators you applied for. So in your case, your package will be seen in February for the IDC board and also for the SWO board in March. No, it is not difficult to add documents to a package previously submitted. You can make addendums (changes or additions) to your package prior to the board convening date. I am AD, so the process may be slightly different for you. I'm working with the Fleet OCS Processor and it sounds like you are working with an OR at the MEPS. The medical forms are DD 2808 and DD 2807-1. Your basic forms for military entry and/or commissioning. It should not be a problem to add these documents to your OCS package. Below is the email correspondence between the Fleet OCS processor and me regarding addendums to packages:

Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:06 PM
To: Ward, Joel ET2 CID
Subject: RE: OCS package questions

ET2 Ward,

You may submit changes at any time and the additional documents will be
added to your Kit.

Once the board collects the applications, only the documents received at
that time are reviewed.

You are encouraged to include all documents when resubmitting a new
Application.

If submitting a reconsideration application, the old application documents
(including the documents that did not make it to the previous board) will be
sent along with your reconsideration application to the next board.

V/r

adding documents isn't difficult if it is at the right level, once it is past the processors and with the PM's it has to be sent back to the processors for additional documents, the kicker is that has happened and applications have been left at that level and missed board, you want to send everything in one shot.

non priors are different story, the application has to be sent back to NRD for additions.