• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

exNavyOffRec

Hope everyone has been diligently working on their OCS packages ensuring they are"crossing their t's and dotting their i's." The January 7th application deadline for the February 4th IDC board is fast approaching. The February 4th IDC board is for the purpose of "picking any remaining FY13 quotas and PART of FY14 quotas" Right now we can only speculate how many Pro' Rec selections make a "part" and what the overall FY14 quotas are for this upcoming board. What we do know is that there are a few (very few) FY13 quotas which still have to be met. With the few (very few) FY13 quotas remaining and the partial selection of FY14 quotas having to be identified, this selection board should have decent numbers. The next scheduled IDC board isn't until October 14th 2013. Best wishes and Good Luck to all February 4th IDC board OCS applicants.

FY13 IDC quotas are all filled they will be picking FY14, they can pick up to 50% of the goal and they estimate that based on current goal, as I mentioned before sometimes the IDC board does odd things, those odd things resulted in some waiting 2 years to go to OCS.

Based on current goal they should pick about 3 for each SWO IW/IP/INTEL, about 20 for Intel, about a dozen for IW

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Are you active duty or prior service? The form I was told to use was the Fleet Officer Checklist send by FC1 Hickman (now PS1 Fenton) Fleet Processor for AD. I remember the order of paperwork you listed are old and please correct me if I am wrong.

Tenzo82, I am currently AD stationed at Dam Neck in Va Beach Va. The checklist you attached is definitly the most recent and good gouge. Very similar to the old one just more current than one I have been using. However, the checklist is that, just a checklist... Tomorrow when I get to work, I will send you the "order for faster processing sheet" specifically made by Ted Williams OCS Fleet processor... Send me an inbox with your work email address so that I can send you the word document tomorrow morning... When do you turn 31 yrs old??? I ask because you must be commissioned by your 31st birthday for SWO, that's with a waiver. OCM will not waiver on that one bit. Trust and believe, I tried and was simply told I was too old for SWO...

exNavyOffRec

Does anybody know if IP quotas are closed for FY-13 and FY-14?

Good Luck and hope to see you at OCS!

FY13 had zero quotas for IP and probably none for FY14, they had few for FY12 as well.

FYI, if you need to be taped be WELL under the BF% they will and have turned people away in a heartbeat.

USAF_WX2USN

FY13 IDC quotas are all filled they will be picking FY14, they can pick up to 50% of the goal and they estimate that based on current goal, as I mentioned before sometimes the IDC board does odd things, those odd things resulted in some waiting 2 years to go to OCS.

Based on current goal they should pick about 3 for each SWO IW/IP/INTEL, about 20 for Intel, about a dozen for IW

What about oceano and SWO-oceano?

It's funny you mention all of the intel, since I just got off he phone with my recruiter and she asked if I wanted to add intel to the list since there were more slots.

With that being said, I'm signing my paperwork to submit on Monday

exNavyOffRec

What about oceano and SWO-oceano?

It's funny you mention all of the intel, since I just got off he phone with my recruiter and she asked if I wanted to add intel to the list since there were more slots.

With that being said, I'm signing my paperwork to submit on Monday

depends how you mean "more slots" if referenced against other IDC then yes they do as they will be about 40, IW about 20 and everything else about 6

Oceano shows zero quotas, SWO option would be about 6 as well.

USAF_WX2USN

you want to be well under because one person may give an extra tug on the tape and another may not

Yup. I hate that sometimes with the Air Force tape test, which is worth 20 points (out of 100) on our PT tests. I definitely plan on being under the weight by OCS time (pending selection), but I know that probably won't be realistic for MEPS and I'll have to tape.

Tenzo82

Tenzo82, I am currently AD stationed at Dam Neck in Va Beach Va. The checklist you attached is definitly the most recent and good gouge. Very similar to the old one just more current than one I have been using. However, the checklist is that, just a checklist... Tomorrow when I get to work, I will send you the "order for faster processing sheet" specifically made by Ted Williams OCS Fleet processor... Send me an inbox with your work email address so that I can send you the word document tomorrow morning... When do you turn 31 yrs old??? I ask because you must be commissioned by your 31st birthday for SWO, that's with a waiver. OCM will not waiver on that one bit. Trust and believe, I tried and was simply told I was too old for SWO...

Thanks JoJoGohard. Can you send it to nnoringhang@gmail.com. I would really appreciated. I got a waiver from the SWO OCM. I will turn 31 in Nov. Thanks again.

Tenzo82

FY13 had zero quotas for IP and probably none for FY14, they had few for FY12 as well.

FYI, if you need to be taped be WELL under the BF% they will and have turned people away in a heartbeat.

Thank you NavyOffRec for the information. That's tough on those quotas.

I'm always tape and been at 15% BCA. No worries, and always kill the PFA. I'm the CFL.

Thank you for the information again.

JoJoGoHard

No problem Bro.... Sending you the "Checklist from Ted" now to your gmail.com... Pay close attention to pages 2 and 6. Yeah, I turned 31 this past November so OCM wasn't hearing that about a waiver for me. I exceeded the age limit. If you are selected for the SWO board in March, you should be commissioned before November. Good luck

exNavyOffRec

No problem Bro.... Sending you the "Checklist from Ted" now to your gmail.com... Pay close attention to pages 2 and 6. Yeah, I turned 31 this past November so OCM wasn't hearing that about a waiver for me. I exceeded the age limit. If you are selected for the SWO board in March, you should be commissioned before November. Good luck

You bring up a good point on age on that it is "commissioned by", for those that are close a good way to figure out how much time you need is to look at when you would hit the max age, subtract 3 months for OCS then subtract another 6 months for the board and other misc stuff, so about 9 months prior is when you application should be submitted to be safe.

JoJoGoHard

You bring up a good point on age on that it is "commissioned by", for those that are close a good way to figure out how much time you need is to look at when you would hit the max age, subtract 3 months for OCS then subtract another 6 months for the board and other misc stuff, so about 9 months prior is when you application should be submitted to be safe.

Yeah definitely, I had to learn the hard way. I'm sure the OCM's take into account age waivers, and if an applicant is selected for a particular designator, then that candidate would more than likely be "classed up" with the next availible OCS class to further ensure they are commissoned prior to the age limit cut off. For general knowledge, age waivers for AD should be requested from the desired community OCM for which you are applying for. Simply email them a request for an age waiver (they may ask you for your "stats") and once the email you back stating your age waiver has been approved, print the email out and add it to your OCS package. OCM's for each community and designator can be found on the NPC website...