• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB AMDO, IW & SWO rolling boards

SaltyDawg85

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully the current hardship will make me appreciate being a naval officer even more if/when I do become one.

You'll make it. Keep your head up. My cousin, a CEC officer, assures me I'm just being well prepared for the time honored military tradition of "hurry up and wait."

Givemeinfo

Take it for what it's worth because I'm a civilian only hearing what my recruiter tells me, but I'm told that not only is FY14 full, but they've scaled back the quota for FY14 SWO's, pushing many that were already selected back to FY15. So if that's true, then if you're selected it will likely be for FY15, however that shouldn't make much of a difference to you as I'm told OCS classes for FY15 will start in the Summer. So don't worry about that. The selection rate for the past two SWO boards though has been very low, relatively speaking (~17% for the July board, 10% in December). That said, it looks like you've got a strong GPA and OAR, so I imagine your application will be competitive. I don't know how rolling boards work at all, so maybe someone else can help you out there.

Thanks for the info, yea my recruiter told me FY14 may possibly be full but that would just mean I wouldn't be shipped until July if I were to be picked. At this point I just want to know if its going to happen or not so I can adjust my plans. Looks like your OAR score was pretty awesome, hopefully I'll see you around one day.

SaltyDawg85

Thanks for the info, yea my recruiter told me FY14 may possibly be full but that would just mean I wouldn't be shipped until July if I were to be picked. At this point I just want to know if its going to happen or not so I can adjust my plans. Looks like your OAR score was pretty awesome, hopefully I'll see you around one day.

I hope so. Finding out the board's decision seems like it tends to be the quickest step in the process, so hopefully you won't have long to find that out. Keep us posted.

SH4D0W

It's comforting to know that I'm not alone with dealing with this waiting. As JamesL said, I wouldn't mind waiting another whole year if I just had the ship out date...
Back to the job hunt, because working part-time and living month-to-month waiting is not only irksome, it's simply pissing me off. Can't be angry at the OR, not their fault in any way, it's just the waiting game to weed out people who are impatient.

JamesL37

It's comforting to know that I'm not alone with dealing with this waiting. As JamesL said, I wouldn't mind waiting another whole year if I just had the ship out date...
Back to the job hunt, because working part-time and living month-to-month waiting is not only irksome, it's simply pissing me off. Can't be angry at the OR, not their fault in any way, it's just the waiting game to weed out people who are impatient.

As Randy Pausch said, "The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people." Hang in there man.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Just my two cents on this whole mess, because I am in the same spot as everyone else here (except you lucky b*stards have gotten pro-rec'ed at least!). I ended up getting a 'real' job during this application purgatory, and it clearly states in my contract that they legally cannot fire, demote, etc a person for anyting involving military service. I'm fairly certain most companies have similar rules. I was hesitant to withold that I have a pending Navy app when I first got hired, but you have to realize that you aren't going to make or break a company... If you work for six months and then get your letter, just do a great job while you're there and then move on.

In today's job market it's simply being prudent to have more than one iron in the fire. (Kind of like that dating world, ya know?)

Good luck to all!

Applying for AMDO
- 11 Years Active Duty
- BS/BM 3.67 & MBA/TM 3.8
- Appraisals: 3 O-4(1520), 1 O-5, 1 CWO4
- ASTB: 44
- LORs: O-5 & O-4(USN), O-3(USMC), GS, and University Counselor
- Evals: EP, MP, EP
- Awards: 4 NAMs, MOVSM, FLOC, SOY, 2 SOQ, LOA, GC,
- PKG Submitted: Jan 2014

jetullis6

Been there done that
I heard this weekend from a friend (Rumor) that the AMDO board was pushed a week to the right, and that the quotas have been cut from 12 to 7 because of lateral transfers into the community. Has anyone else heard anything about the AMDO board?

ad2valencia

I heard this weekend from a friend (Rumor) that the AMDO board was pushed a week to the right, and that the quotas have been cut from 12 to 7 because of lateral transfers into the community. Has anyone else heard anything about the AMDO board?

That's a forty percent cut! If you check the AMDO site, two lateral transfers were accepted into the community.

jetullis6

Been there done that
That's a forty percent cut! If you check the AMDO site, two lateral transfers were accepted into the community.
I think there were more from earlier this year. I hope the quotas stay the same 12, 7 is a SMALL number depending on how many packages were recieved this year, last year was 80. Good luck to all results should be out in the next 2 weeks!

Canesfan81

I think there were more from earlier this year. I hope the quotas stay the same 12, 7 is a SMALL number depending on how many packages were recieved this year, last year was 80. Good luck to all results should be out in the next 2 weeks!

I talked the community manager CDR Haas. He said that he has 90 packages and they are picking up 7 due to the lateral transfers and a couple of pilot non qualifiers in OCS now. Good luck.

jetullis6

Been there done that
I talked the community manager CDR Haas. He said that he has 90 packages and they are picking up 7 due to the lateral transfers and a couple of pilot non qualifiers in OCS now. Good luck.
Well that is better than some rates advancing to 1st class! Did he confirm that the board was pushed to the right?

jetullis6

Been there done that
Did you put your hat into this board also Canesfan81?

Canesfan81

I am, I submitted my package in September because I was in a transfer window. I was hoping to get my SOY eval input but CDR Haas said if he did it for me, he would have to let everyone who submitted add on evals and awards so that kinda sucks.