• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Larick

None
Contributor
Hope everyone has a good memorial day weekend. Drive safe and DO NOT get in trouble! Have fun though. :cool:
I got a jaywalking citation (infraction) last night :(. Red hand came up as soon as I took two steps into the cross-walk. The cop didn't care. Now I have to pick-up trash as punishment for 6 hours. Yay me:mad:.

BlackAce

VT-9 Trying to sick less everyday...trying
I got a jaywalking citation (infraction) last night :(. Red hand came up as soon as I took two steps into the cross-walk. The cop didn't care. Now I have to pick-up trash as punishment for 6 hours. Yay me:mad:.
That's a joke right?

BlackAce

VT-9 Trying to sick less everyday...trying
No I'm being serious. Along with the punishment, I also have to go to a meeting about the dangers of alcohol consumption, even though I was the DD for that night.
Woah that sucks man. I didn't know cops actually gave out tickets for that, at least its not anything serious.

No I'm being serious. Along with the punishment, I also have to go to a meeting about the dangers of alcohol consumption, even though I was the DD for that night.

You should have just flashed him your FINSEL and gave him the bird...oh wait...your still waiting for one. Ah what it pays to be the average citizen, I'll tell ya my CAC card saved me a few times on tickets. In all seriousness though, that's BS.

Larick

None
Contributor
Woah that sucks man. I didn't know cops actually gave out tickets for that, at least its not anything serious.
Yeah just a minor infraction. Just want to get it out of the way. Things like this wouldn't show up in a background check for OCS right? Only felonies and misdemeanors? I'm new to the whole background check process.

You should have just flashed him your FINSEL and gave him the bird...oh wait...your still waiting for one. Ah what it pays to be the average citizen, I'll tell ya my CAC card saved me a few times on tickets. In all seriousness though, that's BS.
Don't remind me:(. It'll come....eventually. When he was writing the citation, the conversation led up to the show Arrow and HIMYM. I talked about some episodes in the hopes of him changing his mind. Shutdown. Yeah it really sucks. It killed my night before it even started.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Yeah just a minor infraction. Just want to get it out of the way. Things like this wouldn't show up in a background check for OCS right? Only felonies and misdemeanors? I'm new to the whole background check process.

Don't remind me:(. It'll come....eventually. When he was writing the citation, the conversation led up to the show Arrow and HIMYM. I talked about some episodes in the hopes of him changing his mind. Shutdown. Yeah it really sucks. It killed my night before it even started.

It'll show up in the BC, I'm sure. Thing is, I doubt anyone will care. You didn't rob a liquor store.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
I can't imagine it would look any worse than a traffic ticket, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Who knows, you might have gotten some traction from dropping the Navy card. I've mentioned that I'm joining the Navy in passing to folks in retail situations (just making conversation) and occasionally they have insisted on giving me a military discount even over my objections.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Nope. It will show up.

Larick

None
Contributor
Bummer. I'll just keep the paperwork ready to go for the background check investigator if he/she needs to see it. Hopefully, they won't even worry about it like Bradicus said. Is this something my recruiter should know?

exNavyOffRec

Bummer. I'll just keep the paperwork ready to go for the background check investigator if he/she needs to see it. Hopefully, they won't even worry about it like Bradicus said. Is this something my recruiter should know?

yes, as before you go to OCS you will have to fill out a change of status form to make sure nothing has changed, if it has and there is any question they will pull your OCS date until it is confirmed everything is ok, I have done this and it did delay his OCS date.

Larick

None
Contributor
yes, as before you go to OCS you will have to fill out a change of status form to make sure nothing has changed, if it has and there is any question they will pull your OCS date until it is confirmed everything is ok, I have done this and it did delay his OCS date.
PMed

theghettodefendant

None
If we were to get a speeding ticket would we have to list that, and if so would it hinder an OCS date?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Read NOR's last post. This is anything ticket/fine. You have to have them all paid before OCS.