• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fun Military vs Civilian pilot thread on another site.(AW/Baseops regulars weigh in)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice thread Bunk! You were right, the third page is definitely the best with the civie pilots 'schooling' the military guys on how tough he really is. Hacker does a good job of putting the guys in their place, and is surprisingly patient about it.

One thing to note though, and a slight threadjack, while things have changed drastically in your community in particular I don't think it has changed as much in others. P-3's are hurting the most from what I have seen, and it seems like there has been a 'general' reduction in hours, but the amount of hours have not been halved. And all of that 'Joint' stuff is not a Navy thing, it is DoD requirement. The only reason that it has more 'recently' become an issue in the Navy is that we were among the last of the services to integrate it into or career paths, and I think we do a very poor job of it too.

I find it sad and amusing that USAF-speak even infects their internets postings:

overall pilot package, so to speak

One more thing, just how many forums are you a member of? ;)

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Awesome. I can understand how landing on a short field is a lot more intense than on the boat though.....oh, wait...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Nice thread Bunk! You were right, the third page is definitely the best with the civie pilots 'schooling' the military guys on how tough he really is. Hacker does a good job of putting the guys in their place, and is surprisingly patient about it.

One thing to note though, and a slight threadjack, while things have changed drastically in your community in particular I don't think it has changed as much in others. P-3's are hurting the most from what I have seen, and it seems like there has been a 'general' reduction in hours, but the amount of hours have not been halved. And all of that 'Joint' stuff is not a Navy thing, it is DoD requirement. The only reason that it has more 'recently' become an issue in the Navy is that we were among the last of the services to integrate it into or career paths, and I think we do a very poor job of it too.

I find it sad and amusing that USAF-speak even infects their internets postings:

One more thing, just how many forums are you a member of? ;)

A lot of reduced hours in many communities, or so I'm told.

I'm a member of only a handful, three or four car sites, this one, airlinepilot and now jetcareers. What that screams is Bunk get a freaking life :eek:

Not like I'm getting tons of flight time. About 50% of my snives to fly are honored and then I get to fly about 75% of what is scheduled. Standard for a wing type I guess.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice avatar. Where'd that come come from, Oceana?

Both Oceana and Lemoore operate the T-34C as spotter aircraft for their respective Type Wing Weapons Schools. Tailcodes give away whose school it belongs to; NJ = Lemoore Weps School (SFWSP) and Oceana Weps school (SFWSL) uses AD

SFWSL T-34C lineup a few months ago

TurboSharks.jpg

HJ Photo

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Nice avatar. Where'd that come come from, Oceana?

At first, didn't know what you were talking about. I was trying to be more professional over there, not just a jackass as here, so I put up a cool pic of a T-34C. Not many out there.

Brunes

pilot
Nicely Done- That was a fun thread...and I'm sure that guy made it to Sitka when the Coast Guard "didn't" on pure luck...

It really is a shame that we have rules that keep us safer then the randon Wasilla, AK yahoo that flies in anything...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Both Oceana and Lemoore operate the T-34C as spotter aircraft for their respective Type Wing Weapons Schools. Tailcodes give away whose school it belongs to; NJ = Lemoore Weps School (SFWSP) and Oceana Weps school (SFWSL) uses AD

SFWSL T-34C lineup a few months ago

HJ Photo

I don't believe a word you said. There's an orange and white in the pic. I think you made it all up.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't believe a word you said. There's an orange and white in the pic. I think you made it all up.

That would be the Orange/White birds up for CORTRAMID and hosted by SFWSL. Here's your favorite instructor arriving...I knew that's what you really wanted!

TRAWING5instructor.jpg

HJ Photo

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
WTF is this supposed to mean: "then it just makes it harder for us guys who actually work our butts off to get in those positions." I wonder what little ben did while he was in the Air Force?

phrogpilot73

Bunk, you've got to drop the big bomb... "With the bonus, I make $XXX,XXX and am guaranteed medical, and a retirement. What about you?"

Huggy Bear

pilot
"As a JO, I had ground jobs such as Comm Officer, PAO, 1st LT, ARO, Division Officer and with them come paperwork and headaches."

Bunk, you were a comm officer. :confused: What the hell is a comm officer? Is that some kind of busy work job created in 2-seat land. Your entire JO resume looks like what a single seat guy is handed his first week in the squadron. :icon_tong