• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fun Military vs Civilian pilot thread on another site.(AW/Baseops regulars weigh in)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So why didn't anyone on that site recommend closing the thread:D

And deprive PilotBen of more buffoonery? And us of entertainment? Webmaster there is wise to let it linger. Note Ben has answered his own posts (4 in a row in succession trying to keep his thread alive)

phrogpilot73

This kid reminds me of an article in this month's Rotor and Wing. Some guy who goes through a flight school, gets his commercial and instructor tickets, can't get a job because he's borderline at best, then finally gets a job and augers it into the ground. I'm sure this kid thinks that he didn't get hired because of the old boy's network...

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I yield any intellectual rights to my questions posed in previous post, and alas, I am too lazy to register at the site... someone copy and paste them there for me and see what the collective cranius-rectum-insertus-maximus has to say...?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
The registration for that site is absurd. It tooke me at least 10 times to pass the "type the letters you see" test. Then it wouldnt even let me post on the thread. So much for stirring the pot.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Funny thing ... when I went up for my ATP check ride and subsequent various aircraft type-rating rides ... all of the civie-street experienced (and some of the Air Force experienced) instructors/Check Airmen rolled their eyes skyward and bemoaned the forthcoming ride as they "knew how Navy Pilots flew and especially how they landed" ...

So, of course, I felt it my mission in life to make them eat their words.

As always, action talks, bullshit walks. :)

brownshoe

Contributor
Crap! I turned my computer on, went and got a beer, sat down to watch the post over there this evening, and it’s over. That guy, Ben must have thrown in the towel. It was really getting entertaining. Ah well….

Both Oceana and Lemoore operate the T-34C as spotter aircraft for their respective Type Wing Weapons Schools. Tailcodes give away whose school it belongs to; NJ = Lemoore Weps School (SFWSP) and Oceana Weps school (SFWSL) uses AD

BTW, HJ, my old squadron VA-44, and our sister squadrons, that were also RAG's, used AD as tailcodes. We were all in CAW 4. Is AD still CAW 4?

Steve

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Crap! I turned my computer on, went and got a beer, sat down to watch the post over there this evening, and it’s over. That guy, Ben must have thrown in the towel. It was really getting entertaining. Ah well….

My bet is his ego won't allow that to happen. I miss the Alaskan bush pilot with his impressive story and skills though :)

brownshoe

Contributor
... I miss the Alaskan bush pilot with his impressive story and skills though :)

Yes, he was entertaining. He did have a certain ‘swagger’ about him, didn’t he?:) I’ll bet I’ve encountered more dangers on my way to church on Sunday than he has in his exploits.;) I say put his ass in a Navy plane and have him try and land on a carrier. Better yet make him work the deck.:D

I personally think someone has been watching too many movies.

Steve

JustAGuy

pilot
Quick question for the civilian pilots in the crowd, is there anything equivalent to Special Instrument Rating?

Another fun fact you could throw out there that the military allows us to take off in 0/0 if deemed necessary (How many times has that happened in the recent future, probably none, but it's a testament to their trust, or complete lunacy.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Quick question for the civilian pilots in the crowd, is there anything equivalent to Special Instrument Rating?

Another fun fact you could throw out there that the military allows us to take off in 0/0 if deemed necessary (How many times has that happened in the recent future, probably none, but it's a testament to their trust, or complete lunacy.

Recent future??? How does that work? :confused:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

Part 91 GA aircraft can take off 0/0 if they want without anything beyond the instrument rating. It's part 91 large turbine, part 135 and part 121 where you start getting restricted.

But how many military guys can land with 300 RVR? Lots of civilian pilots do.

So your fun fact would just come back and bite you on the ass.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I wouldn't get in a pissing contest with a civvie and instrument flying...
Now how low and fast, easy argument to win...