• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fun Military vs Civilian pilot thread on another site.(AW/Baseops regulars weigh in)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That would be the Orange/White birds up for CORTRAMID and hosted by SFWSL.

I know, just making fun w/ your "facts." Didn't realize the Lemoore birds were painted up like the Oceana ones. If only those Oceana guys could pass their Natops checks...

Enough w/ my threadjack.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
"As a JO, I had ground jobs such as Comm Officer, PAO, 1st LT, ARO, Division Officer and with them come paperwork and headaches."

Bunk, you were a comm officer. :confused: What the hell is a comm officer? Is that some kind of busy work job created in 2-seat land. Your entire JO resume looks like what a single seat guy is handed his first week in the squadron. :icon_tong

Exactly, a job created to make work. I don't think the Comm officer job exists anymore. I had more small collateral jobs but in a place like a C-2 squadron, there are plenty of jobs to go around and most are pretty lame and not busy. NATOPS, safety, etc are those jobs that kept folks busy...all else was rubbish. BTW, those were all my jobs at one time. ARO was the only busy one.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know, just making fun w/ your "facts." Didn't realize the Lemoore birds were painted up like the Oceana ones. If only those Oceana guys could pass their Natops checks...

Enough w/ my threadjack.

Figured as much. You just gave me excuse to put up your favorite fellow instructor ;) Get your heart racing?

Exactly, a job created to make work. I don't think the Comm officer job exists anymore. I had more small collateral jobs but in a place like a C-2 squadron, there are plenty of jobs to go around and most are pretty lame and not busy. NATOPS, safety, etc are those jobs that kept folks busy...all else was rubbish. BTW, those were all my jobs at one time. ARO was the only busy one.

Wasn't the Comm Officer the stuckee who had to post the message traffic on the Message Boards and excise the ones the CO and XO had initialed as action complete with their Red and Green pens (a job any good Ops Yeoman could do)?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Wasn't the Comm Officer the stuckee who had to post the message traffic on the Message Boards and excise the ones the CO and XO had initialed as action complete with their Red and Green pens (a job any good Ops Yeoman could do)?

Yep. Every morning would have to download all the message traffic, print out the appropriate shit, put on the message board and route it through the front office.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PilotBen doesn't know when to shut up. He just keeps diggin' his grave. Like that never happens around here. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PilotBen doesn't know when to shut up. He just keeps diggin' his grave. Like that never happens around here. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

Methinks PilotBen has a huge chip on his shoulder and there's more to leaving USAFA than he lets on. That would explain why he devalues the very military experience that he aspired to and now can't get. You just don't apply and go to USAFA, he had to bust his ass to get there. Almost sounds like he's a prior because elsewhere he says he has 4 years in USAF and 1+ degrees already. I'm thinking he's built an excuse matrix on why he left and believes enough to come off like an utter fool on that forum.

Also agree with poster there that although he claimed that he tried to sound contrite to put oil on the water, he merely wanted others to throw in the towel and agree he was right.

@HAL = Doug Taylor = 42K posts? Holygawkamoley!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
@HAL = Doug Taylor = 42K posts? Holygawkamoley!
Good thing he's not here.....Brett,and A4s would be facing competion for the most post honors....

I guess Delta pilots have a lot of time on their hands. I've never met or corresponded with Doug, I just know he's at Delta from being on his site in the past.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good thing he's not here.....Brett,and A4s would be facing competion for the most post honors....

I guess Delta pilots have a lot of time on their hands. I've never met or corresponded with Doug, I just know he's at Delta from being on his site in the past.

That's more than the top ten posters here put together!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
HAL OFF THE TOP ROPE!

Holy crap I about pissed myself at your post man! I gotta sign up for that board...

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Hadn't been over on that site forever.. Since I got in my last virtual argument... Anyhow bumped it...

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
How many military pilots get kicked out of Civilian flight training programs?

How many Civilian Pilots get kicked out of Military flight training programs?

We had some CFIetc Soup sandwiches in Meridian... seemed to hurt vice help.. (superfluously educated speculation)Flight time may have actually hurt a kid in a mishap '05 flying Goosehawk like a 152 at 600' and 125kts... ugly ugly class A. Great kid.

If I passed my ATP checkride (good god that was a bad flight, but great story), I cry for the skill set the checker saw as average!