• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 08 STA-21 Status

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Any more "insider" news? Like does anyone have a good idea of when the message will actually be released?

SHAF

Idle for glory
pilot
Heres some great advice... Just stop worrying about it. I have had my package in since roughly March (actually I was the first person to have one in)... if I let it get to me all these months then I would have an ulcer the size of a grapefruit in my stomache. Really, just let it be, take a breath and move on. Whether or not you get accepted, that doesnt change anything NOW, and as for NOW, you have a job to do--so keep your head in the game.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"

-Benjamin Franklin

pat

I'd tell you to relax and wait, but I remember having my package in and waiting. I feel your pain. Good luck all.

DeltaVictorFC2

Ahhhhh who cares. Its normal to be anxious/excited. UNFORTUNATELY, I believe that the whole "leak" thing was accurate, which damns me, otherwise I would be more excited to find out the results. Those of you/us that dont make it.... keep a positive attitude. I can apply 2 more times to STA, and then start up LDO or CWO (if I made Chief) programs. I think its good to keep doing your job in the meantime as CarbonFibre said, and remember that theres stuff other than STA available....including getting out.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
...remember that theres stuff other than STA available....including getting out.
Yep, sure is - like going to shore duty and taking full advantage of Tuition Assistance. Of course, since they've hooked me, even if I don't ever get picked up for an officer program the enlisted retirement benefits alone outweigh some...okay, a majority...of the civilian sector's retirement programs. Health insurance is far from cheap on the outside.
[/threadjack]

Sorry, I just had to get my $.02 in there. I'm thinking there's a good chance that the results will be out around the middle of the month, but that's just speculation at this point. I'm hoping that since we had to have our packages in earlier this year than last, that the results will be out just that much sooner.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the deadline been the same for the past years
(July 1st)?

Here's a very motivational speech that I jacked from someone else's thread. It's over an hour but I was hooked after the first couple minutes. This should help the people that don't get picked up. It's better than spending an hour wondering if you got picked up...

http://cmu.edu/uls/journeys/

DeltaVictorFC2

OZYRAN....you couldnt be more right about the benifits the navy offers, including TA. Its one of those things that each sailor has to weigh the benefits for themselves to decide whats right for them. I would never tell someone to get out, as the navy is a good career path for many people. Like you, I expect the stupid freakin results to be out around middle october (15th or so). ETC already has all the f'in quotas, no reason it should take longer than that. THREADJACK...yeah, but who gives a damn.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I'm hoping that since we had to have our packages in earlier this year than last, that the results will be out just that much sooner.

July 1st is the norm, last year was a fluke because the NAVADMIN got released late by the folks in Pensacola.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
July 1st is the norm, last year was a fluke because the NAVADMIN got released late by the folks in Pensacola.
Roger that. I was under a different impression - thanks for the correction, Chief.

Ah, the waiting game sucks, nonetheless. Speaking of the norm, from 2003 - 2005, the results weren't released until close to the 1st of November. I wonder if it will be the same this year as well?