• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
The amount over/under the 10K will depend on the school you go to and the amount of credits each semester you take. The 10K should cover a good amount of your bill if not all (unless you go to ERAU or some other expensive school).

On my external board I had the CO and two other officers. That's it.

I used a typewriter for all of my enclosures. It looks professional and squared away using the typewriter. I tried both methods mentioned and compared them side by side and it was an obvious choice. A sloppy or poor put together package might be the thing that separates a selectee from a wannabe, regardless of how impressive your application is.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
It depends. I was selected for STA-21 on October 4th and left for deployment on November 4th. Flew home from Dubai in January to execute my orders to STA-21 in February. There simply was no time to train my replacement for deployment.

Some commmands would rather leave you at home, bottom line is that it's case by case so you need to speak with you chain of command regarding the matter.

How much weight does a previous "alternate" selection hold? I have talked to people who said it is automatic next time, but I find that hard to believe. Especially because I was an NFO alternate and am applying for Intel this year... Thanks.

bmp408

Package finally mailed out today. I've been using this site for a while and have never posted so I'm going to introduce myself. I've been in the Navy for almost four years. I'm a P-3 flight engineer with right around 900 flight hours. This will be the first time applying and I think that I have good package. Does anyone know if your job/rating has any weight on getting picked up or not?

Stats
ACT: 23
ASTB: 5/6/6/48
H.S. gpa: 3.0
Evals: mp/mp/frocking ep/mp
no lor
3 air medals
Ranked #1 out of applicants at my command by the CO
very good write-ups with allot of the buzz words and key phrases.
Have about 50 credits

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
make sure that you remember that the instruction tells you not to send any original items such as transcripts, astb scores, awards, evals etc.

advantix00

How much weight does a previous "alternate" selection hold? I have talked to people who said it is automatic next time, but I find that hard to believe. Especially because I was an NFO alternate and am applying for Intel this year... Thanks.
It does carry weight but you have to let the board know when you reapply that you were an alternate last year. They will not know this, so you want to tell them in your personal statement and CO Endorsement. I also added the letter I got from being an alternate last year to my enclosure 7 and highlighted it so they would see it 3 times in my package.

It does carry weight but you have to let the board know when you reapply that you were an alternate last year. They will not know this, so you want to tell them in your personal statement and CO Endorsement. I also added the letter I got from being an alternate last year to my enclosure 7 and highlighted it so they would see it 3 times in my package.

Okay, it is the first line of my personal statment, on my cover sheet, in my CO's recommendation, in 2 of my LOR's, and even in a couple officer review board sheets. That should work, haha. I hope it works!

jhulk406

For the term enclosures on the bottom of the page. Do they go on every page? Including the transcripts, LOR's and PRIMS? Thank you, I cannot seem to get a consistent answer.