• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

NatBull

Unfortunately I am 26 now. I turn 27 next June, so technically I would have about a year to finish school. If I don't get picked up I will probably end up submitting an LDO package. Sorry, I am rambling...no I did not apply for Core to answer your question.

NatBull

Hey I know that this isn't really what this forum is for, but my admin is failing me. Can anybody tell me when the make up exam is supposed to be? I have a Sailor that was on det during the exam, and nobody around here seems to know anything. I am at NAS Jax if anyone knows. Thanks!

Here is a little more detail on the number cuts we are talking about (a little birdie told me so)

1. Number of STA-21 billets available by year (almost cut in half for 2011):
2003 431
2004 400
2005 230
2006 - 2009 210
2010 226
2011 115
2. There were 745 applications total, 632 applications screened and qualified for 115 STA-21 billets.

So there you have it - 18% chance overall, up or down depending on your particular designator and it' s applicants...

Mpower1999

killer boots man!
I wish no one had ever mentioned anything about the the 115 billets until after the results. I want to have high hopes now and an excuse later.

Navnuke

I love how much time you guys spend analyzing data. Really, who cares? To me it's 50/50. Either you get picked, or you don't. And you know I'm right about this.

Mpower1999

killer boots man!
Its easy to be the top 30% of the applicants but to be the top 16-18% makes it a different game. I bet everyone is thinking the same exact thing as me too.

NatBull

I don't think the numbers give me any less of a chance of making it. I know I was competetive, as were the rest of you. Knowing the facts just gives us something else to think about. If I make it GREAT, if not I continue my job here as LPO and pick up Chief next year while I apply for LDO! There is a way for all of us to get to the top, and I know that if we keep pushing that we will all end up exactly there! So I am keeping positive.
SN-I asked my Skipper if he heard anything about results yet, and he said no (of course) About ten minutes ago my Chain of Command came into my shop holding a piece of paper and telling me they had some good news for me...then they smiled really big, shook my hand, and told me I was doing a great job. SOOO funny. :( Skipper said still no word, but he would keep me posted.

kekio86

I don't think the numbers give me any less of a chance of making it. I know I was competetive, as were the rest of you. Knowing the facts just gives us something else to think about. If I make it GREAT, if not I continue my job here as LPO and pick up Chief next year while I apply for LDO! There is a way for all of us to get to the top, and I know that if we keep pushing that we will all end up exactly there! So I am keeping positive.
SN-I asked my Skipper if he heard anything about results yet, and he said no (of course) About ten minutes ago my Chain of Command came into my shop holding a piece of paper and telling me they had some good news for me...then they smiled really big, shook my hand, and told me I was doing a great job. SOOO funny. :( Skipper said still no word, but he would keep me posted.

thats hilarious!! bhaha