• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

I am an IS1 applying for Intel. First time applying for Intel, but I was an NFO alternate last year... don't know how much that factors in. But no where in my package did it say I was an "NFO alternate," just "alternate"... and about 7 times...

LAX89

I'm applying Intel too. I'm an IS2 and I applied last year as well. I was selected as an alternate, but only for CORE. I'm curious to see if they are going to pick IS's or not for those two spots. I was surprised at how many non-IS's were picked last year, but I guess that is why they opened the option up to any rate. I just want the results to come out. I got stuck at my command because of my package and I would like to move on to something new if I am not getting picked up, and get started on next year's package...good luck everyone!

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
I am an IS1 applying for Intel. First time applying for Intel, but I was an NFO alternate last year... don't know how much that factors in. But no where in my package did it say I was an "NFO alternate," just "alternate"... and about 7 times...

Haha, I like it, good strategey

eengland90

Hey if anyone saw the PPT that I did it said something about how 4 more CT's could have been picked up this year. I'm not hallucinating right? I'm a CT so i might just be imagining things.

Curriernavy

I'm an IS2 on the joint staff J2 first time up and not discouraged I have a great chance just like everyone the quota is what it is. Letter from the dirctor or intelligence cant be a bad addition for this cycle or the next is how I see it.

ChrisLC710

FY10 Intel Alternate
I'm an IS2 on the joint staff J2 first time up and not discouraged I have a great chance just like everyone the quota is what it is. Letter from the dirctor or intelligence cant be a bad addition for this cycle or the next is how I see it.

Yea i wasn't discouraged either until you said that you have a LOR from the Director of Intelligence. (At least thats what i think you ment by "director or intelligence")

Allow me to be the neysayer... To me a LOR from the Director of Intelligence is like getting one from a senator or congressman. He is a "politician," and unless I am wrong, you probably don't work directly for him. That being said, I feel like it wont hold as much weight as a current or prior CO or Intel officer you once worked for and directly observed you, just like the brief said... Just my 2 cents, but a LOR from the Director of Intelligence is still awesome nonetheless, congrats.

NatBull

Yeah that pretty much made me realize just how much I suck hahaha. That gives me something to think about while I'm getting this MRI.

Bandit X

You know what's odd? Intel community detailer brief on npc says intel ensigns are 75% manned for the entire navy, you'd think they'd increase quotas to more than two!

koda.lozano

I am not a big fan of this whole downsizing business. I picked SWO and CORE because I figured I would be a shoe in due to the high numbers last year but you have a better chance of getting selected for IP than you do for SWO. That is shocking if you ask me.

Drock88

<------------ Just a lurker checking in; another Intel hopeful.

You know who I am usnwarrior513.

Can't wait for my 2012 package! Maybe they will have to overcompensate for this smaller cycle and pick up twice as much next year!

kekio86

I am not a big fan of this whole downsizing business. I picked SWO and CORE because I figured I would be a shoe in due to the high numbers last year but you have a better chance of getting selected for IP than you do for SWO. That is shocking if you ask me.

x2