• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

Walter Gunter

Yeah, me too. I think the military has been preparing for this prior to 'knowing' the cuts would be automatic, but there is still some uncertainty. I thought I saw earlier in this thread that someone from the Intel/IW board has already recieved their commissioning docs. Have you seen any different? I expect there will be an update first week of December, but the final stuff may not be done until Jan or Feb 2012. Mostly b/c the pace of paperwork during the holidays seems to take a trip to the North Pole...hahaha

android1010

Hello. I spoke with my recruiter yesterday and he told me that he expects the scrolls to come back this week. Which, according to him, means the Final Select letter will finally be signed and sent to me. It's been over 2 months since the Sept class was selected so I guess any day now would somewhat be in-line with the timeline of earlier classes. Anyone else hearing a similar story?

das

Contributor
DAS or anyone have any idea what the structure of the March Boards look like? I am wondering if they will have any slots for oceanography this time.

Thanks,

chris

Right now it's "too soon to know". I can say that at the last 4 boards there have only been two OCEANO selects...

NE Huskers

Just waiting on comdocs. I quickly received my final select letter (two weeks after selection notification). Since we are now in the holiday season, things will probably slow even further!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Thanks for the update NE Huskers. I'm still finishing medical stuff so haven't even gotten to the select letter part. Best advice I can give anyone applying, do your medical stuff before, it will save loads of time and heartache.

android1010

That's where the confusion lies. I received the Physically Qualified letter prior to the board meeting. Based on conversations with my recruiter I was under the impression that having an active TS/SCI and cleared medically that it wouldn't take the typical 3 months. Oh well, I'm still selected so it's just a matter of time. Good luck finishing up the medial stuff Mbstroz.

navgovie

IW Officer
Anyone from the Sept board finish yet?
Not me. Still waiting on my Final Selection Letter. Apparently my recruiter is still waiting on my billet information (medical and security clearance are all done). Once that goes through, then it's full steam ahead.

Walter Gunter

Hello. I spoke with my recruiter yesterday and he told me that he expects the scrolls to come back this week. Which, according to him, means the Final Select letter will finally be signed and sent to me. It's been over 2 months since the Sept class was selected so I guess any day now would somewhat be in-line with the timeline of earlier classes. Anyone else hearing a similar story?
Any updates on the 'Return of The Scroll'?

NavyHusky

Hello! I've been lurking this board since last summer, when I decided to start looking into a Navy Reserve commission. It's been very helpful! I finally have a question that I couldn't find an answer to though.

First, a little intro: I'm 36, and have worked at the University of Connecticut for 15 years, now the senior systems admin for the research administration there. I'm also a captain in my town's fire department, and a CT fire service instructor.

My recruiter is out of Groton, and I can't say enough good things about her. We met when her and her CPO came up to my office and took me out to lunch. She's always got time for me, always answers her cell when I call, is very proactive, and open about every process. Before my packages were ever submitted she had all the security screens done, fingerprints complete, etc.

She's got me putting in apps for two communities: as a Campus Liaison Officer (part of HR, and serves as a liaison between the college they work for and the Navy) and as an IP. My proximity to Newport has had all my interviews there. One was with the XO of the training programs there (OCS, DCO, etc), who recommended me for the CLO spot. I'm hoping her opinion carries some weight. I've got my NIRR and panel interviews there in January for the March IDC board. The HR board meets this week, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, my question: She wants all my medical stuff complete before my IDC interviews, and is scheduling me for MEPS. I'm reading in this thread about going to my private doctor, and took a cursory look at the forms. I see spots for the hearing tests and such. Is that something your doctors have done, or should I get it done through the company that does my fire department physicals, who has the hearing booth and everything?

Thanks for the help!

NE Huskers

Good Morning-

Finally received my hard-copy Final Select Letter that states my commissioning documents will be forwarded to my recruiter within 10 days. Now I have to start working logistics for my commissioning ceremony!

android1010

Good Morning-

Finally received my hard-copy Final Select Letter that states my commissioning documents will be forwarded to my recruiter within 10 days. Now I have to start working logistics for my commissioning ceremony!

Thanks for the update, NE Huskers, I received my hard-copy Final Select letter this morning as well. It was signed on 30 Nov and states approx 10 days 'til Commissioning Documents arrive at the recruiters office. Wow...one step closer!