• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

jms4netsec

INFOSEC/IA SME
Ultimately, they did not elect to pursue an investigation.

I'm really not illiterate... I just have a lazy G.

Also, on the suggestion: While I took the initiative and called Millington when I was (rightfully) suspicious, it was not received well by some. My OPO said that 'people in Millington were asking why I was calling them instead of him', and that I'd "circumvented the 'chain of command'."

Of course, I don't believe I had since I a) was still a civilian, and b) went through the publicly available help desk option to inquire. At no time did anyone I spoke to down at NRC/Millington tell me my only recourse was to call the recruiter I suspected of not being totally up front with me. I told them why I was calling, and when I reached the wrong party, I was helped to find the right party. So, while it's possible that some in TN wondered aloud why an applicant was calling NRC directly, it seemed to become clear to most when I explained why I was calling.

I haven't really given up, but there don't seem to be any turly viable options left at the moment, short of making a really big stink (which isn't likely to make me a very attractive candidate in the long run). I already risked my reputation when I went to the IG in the first place.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
Not yet for me. Still finishing up medical stuff so it will be a little bit longer before I get to that point.

jms4netsec

INFOSEC/IA SME
Congratulations, and good luck to all IP selects.

--
John M. Schneider, M.Sc. CINS, CISSP, CHFI, CEH, ITILv3
Sr. Consultant / IA SME
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Chicago, IL

Walter Gunter

I haven't heard anything, other than I have been selected for IW. I wish i had found this site earlier, but I have it now and can see if others are in the process of getting their responses back. So, right now I am waiting on final select letter and medically approved letter? Is that right?

Odinson

FYI for those of you awaiting the final step -- it took about four weeks after I completed my MEPS and security interview before my final select letter and commissioning documents came in.

Walter Gunter

@mbstroz I completed medical in October, but haven't received any physically qualified letter, but i did just hear from my recruiter that they had to resubmit, or submit, my conditional release. So, that might be part of the delay.

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
ahh, The paperwork game. I'm in that myself waiting on stuff from the VA. It looks like everything is still on track and next you'll get your select letter once N3M has finished.

Walter Gunter

i can't complain too much, my recruiter did a great job of putting all my paperwork together and making sure I had everything in order, and I got selected!! Super excited and ready for the next phase of my military career. I am planning on January or February for everything to be done. Plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime.

NE Huskers

Hello everyone - just an update from my end; as I posted earlier I received my final select letter on Oct. 17 - still waiting for the commissioning documents. My recruiter told me this morning the delays are due to budget not being approved which prevents the "goaling" letters from being approved, which ultimately delays the COMDOC process.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Hello everyone - just an update from my end; as I posted earlier I received my final select letter on Oct. 17 - still waiting for the commissioning documents. My recruiter told me this morning the delays are due to budget not being approved which prevents the "goaling" letters from being approved, which ultimately delays the COMDOC process.
Congrats... Patience is necessary and the process could take a couple of months.

Chorrell

Recording WWII Causalites.
DAS or anyone have any idea what the structure of the March Boards look like? I am wondering if they will have any slots for oceanography this time.

Thanks,

chris