• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

teeroy68

Hi all,

I am a 43 yr old with over 10 years Intel in two ints (all source and Elint/SIGINT). I graduate 12 May with a 3.9 and have 14 yrs total service. I know that age shouldn't be a problem but wanted to see what the community thinks. I plan on trying to submit for the sept board.

OHNavy

Truckin'
Hi all,

I am a 43 yr old with over 10 years Intel in two ints (all source and Elint/SIGINT). I graduate 12 May with a 3.9 and have 14 yrs total service. I know that age shouldn't be a problem but wanted to see what the community thinks. I plan on trying to submit for the sept board.

Prior service? That's what it appears by your reference to "14 yrs total service". Either way, I say go for it! If NPS, you'll need a waiver.

PapaK

Good luck to all those facing the Boards this weekend. Unfortunately, I have to miss it but I'm meeting my recruiter again tomorrow to gear up for September. Fair winds and following seas.

jms4netsec

INFOSEC/IA SME
418408_10150595885252823_74281347822_9086271_583767386_n.jpg

Interesting piece of art I found this evening on FB...
Best wishes to all candidates standing for the IDC DCO board next week!

Gtitan

To the vets on the board and all who have taken time to share, thanks for everything! I hope that each one of us will get the opportunity to serve this great Nation and the USNR!

Hector Torres

htorrespr
I believe we have found the issue, on the DCO checklist item 103, specifies a panel interview must be done with at least an O-5 or above and a O-4 or above and the applicant must have an endorsement by the region IDC OIC.

If the weren't doing this for you your chances are essentially non existant, and I am wondering if your application was actually sent to board.

Hi,

I asked my recruiter about these board interviews and she told me that they are only for Intel, is that true? I am applying for IP and they never mentioned anything about having to interview with a board, just the two regular interviews with O4s and above (one within community I'm applying for). Thanks!!

OHNavy

Truckin'
Hi,

I asked my recruiter about these board interviews and she told me that they are only for Intel, is that true? I am applying for IP and they never mentioned anything about having to interview with a board, just the two regular interviews with O4s and above (one within community I'm applying for). Thanks!!

Applied for IP (only) in SEP 2011 without a panel interview and the package was accepted. Not sure if what you reference is a new requirement or not. I am sure someone here can answer definitively. Best wishes.

Hector Torres

htorrespr
Applied for IP (only) in SEP 2011 without a panel interview and the package was accepted. Not sure if what you reference is a new requirement or not. I am sure someone here can answer definitively. Best wishes.

Thanks for the info, and congratulations on your selection. Was SEP2011 your first try? Have you attended OIS?

Hector Torres

htorrespr
Thanks for your kind words, however I WAS NOT a select at the SEP 2011 board. Still plugging away.

Sorry! I took the "packet accepted" as selection. :confused: My packet was also accepted but for the MAR2012 board, which meets today AFAIK. It's my first time applying. Good luck to you! Where are you applying out of? I'm in San Diego.