• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

exNavyOffRec

Wondering if the Citadel Shield / Solid Curtain exercise this week might slow the release of the results? I know that our base is encouraging everyone to take Thursday off and telling us they would like only essential personnel to come in on Friday.
Results or Not, Select or Not it is a 4 day weekend form me.

It will, Millington essentially sent everyone home in the am and no one will be there tomorrow, but it normally takes a few weeks after the board meets anyway to release results.

OHNavy

Truckin'
It will, Millington essentially sent everyone home in the am and no one will be there tomorrow, but it normally takes a few weeks after the board meets anyway to release results.

Any thoughts on if that will have an impact on if the full number of slots allocated will be filled?

exNavyOffRec

The last couple of boards I knew the last day of the board.

You may have thought it was the last day of the board but the selections have to be approved and signed before they can be released, often the board only takes a few days and depending on the number selected they can get them out fast, in the case of the CEC reserve board it took weeks after the board.

No, it was the last day of the board. The board met in September, and I found out the last day (Friday). I knew what the dates of the board were in September. They released the results to all recruiters that day. Last September was very fast.

exNavyOffRec

No, it was the last day of the board. The board met in September, and I found out the last day (Friday). I knew what the dates of the board were in September. They released the results to all recruiters that day. Last September was very fast.

Then somebody screwed up, they have to verify billets after the board ends, then after they are verified they go and have the list signed, people have been fired for doing stuff like that.

das

Contributor
The signed, final results letter for the SEP11 IDC PR was dated 21SEP11 (the Wednesday of the week the board was held). That letter was released to CNRC and the IDC community leads. Applicants knew their results in some cases by Thursday or Friday or that week. The results of this board should be available in a similar fashion...

IntelNinja

I get to make up my own? Hmm...
Yes, I'm anxious to hear as well. If the numbers that were posted earlier are accurate, the selection rates are actually not that bad.

Not knowing the makeup of which packets were submitted for which designations, makes it a little tricky, but roughly, an applicant has about a 25% chance (1 in 4) to be selected for Intel. If you were put in for multiple designations, your odds are almost 1 in 3 (31%).

Quoting das:
Final numbers for 19-22MAR12 IDC RC PR:

243 packages for the following slots:

INTEL - 59
IP - 9
IW - 8
OCEANO - 1

das

Contributor
Because of a Navy-wide exercise, the results were not promulgated until today — so they should be making their way into the hands of the NRDs "soon".

OHNavy

Truckin'
Thanks das. I had to look "promulgate" up, so now I'm really questioning my qualifications to become an IDC officer. ;)

Thanks again.