• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

exNavyOffRec

Hi,

I asked my recruiter about these board interviews and she told me that they are only for Intel, is that true? I am applying for IP and they never mentioned anything about having to interview with a board, just the two regular interviews with O4s and above (one within community I'm applying for). Thanks!!

Not true, the checklist states "All IDC designators require a SCI pre nomination personal interview and endorsement to be conducted by an IDC Region OIC. Additionally, a local community panel interview consisting of a minimum of two IDC officers (one must be O-5 or above, the other O-4 or above).

your application is at board which is meeting today, but without a region OIC interview that could hurt you.

Hector Torres

htorrespr
Not true, the checklist states "All IDC designators require a SCI pre nomination personal interview and endorsement to be conducted by an IDC Region OIC. Additionally, a local community panel interview consisting of a minimum of two IDC officers (one must be O-5 or above, the other O-4 or above).

your application is at board which is meeting today, but without a region OIC interview that could hurt you.

Thank you for the information. I will bring this up to my recruiter, I can't understand why she'd tell me that I don't need the panel interview. Here's hoping for the best...

exNavyOffRec

I had a total of 7 interviews! My original recruiter told me "the more the better." Two of the interviews were with IP Officers, both O5s. I also had interviews with two O8s, two other O5s and one O4.

It could be the schedules didn't mesh so they did them individually, but it sounds like you are covered.

Messiah62

I applied for IP and IW. This is my first time applying
Package:
Air National Guard Enlisted (E-4)
Age 21
BS in Comp Sys (GPA 3.75)
Working on Masters of Science in Cyber Security
I did 5 interviews with all IP or IW officers.
O6 rec letter, O5 rec letter, O4 rec letter
I am a Sr. Systems engineer contractor for BAE Systems.
CERTS: Security+, Network+, A+, VMware Certified Professional
TS SCI

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
I did my SCI screen as part of my interview with the one of the Region OIC's. I think this may be farely new. I looked at a checklist from a little while back and that was not on there but the ASTB was and now seems to be gone. I was told even if you already have the clearence (for GS and Contractors) you still need to do the SCI screen and the sf 86. I am always of the mind set that if they want something give them more. They want the paperwork for a clearence so I did it, Finger print again did that too, Regional OIC endorsment got two of them, Panel interview got two of them also.
After the last go around I have embraced the marathon not sprint philosophy.

Mr.Innocent

IP Officer USNR
Wondering if the Citadel Shield / Solid Curtain exercise this week might slow the release of the results? I know that our base is encouraging everyone to take Thursday off and telling us they would like only essential personnel to come in on Friday.
Results or Not, Select or Not it is a 4 day weekend form me.

Hector Torres

htorrespr
I applied for IP and IW. This is my first time applying
Package:
Air National Guard Enlisted (E-4)
Age 21
BS in Comp Sys (GPA 3.75)
Working on Masters of Science in Cyber Security
I did 5 interviews with all IP or IW officers.
O6 rec letter, O5 rec letter, O4 rec letter
I am a Sr. Systems engineer contractor for BAE Systems.
CERTS: Security+, Network+, A+, VMware Certified Professional
TS SCI

Looks good! Good luck!!!

The only items that I see as potentially missing on my end are more certs and the Masters. Where are you taking your Cyber degree at? I am looking into the one offered at National University since I live in San Diego.