• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2012 IDC Boards

X

xxxCharliexxx

It's between $2500.00 and $3000.00 after everything is said and done unfortunately. If going the DCO route, expect about $400.00 back if you finally get the paperwork turned in. Good news, you can write it all off on your taxes - keep those receipts!

Thats for all uniforms though correct? From what I understand, you dont have to buy all of the uniforms at the same time. If you get commissioned in the winter, you dont have to buy all of the summer uniforms as well.

nas6106

First set of khakis and NWU's came to about $550.00. Times that by three and then add SDB and whites and you're likely somewhere between 2000 and 2500.

das

Contributor
You don't have to buy all your uniforms at the same time. Plan on about $2000-$2500. The uniform allowance is indeed $400.

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
First set of khakis and NWU's came to about $550.00. Times that by three and then add SDB and whites and you're likely somewhere between 2000 and 2500.
FWIW, I'm not sure what you need 3 sets of khakis for. I have two sets, but honestly the second set hasn't been worn yet (and that's after 12 years and 3 mobilizations.) I suppose if you eat ribs for lunch every day you could conceivably need 3 sets, but it would seem to me to be a waste of $$. Same thing for NWUs - I still don't own a set, and have no plans to buy any until I end up in a unit that says they're mandatory *and* makes me actually wear them. If I were just entering the Reserves as a DIRCOM today, I would buy again what I first bought: two sets of khakis and one of SDBs. Everything else, I would wait until someone told me I needed them for a particular reason. (like going to DCO School in the summertime and needing summer whites for an inspection). Otherwise, don't shell out multiple 4-figures for gear that in all likelihood will remain on hangars in your closet. When the need arises, the Navy Uniform Store on-line can get you things lickety-split. Just a technique item...

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
IDC board results are out. I received a PRO-REC for IW (INFORMATION WARFARE).
For those who are fleet applicants like myself, the results are posted on BOL.
For civilians your processors should be able to give you the results.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :)

Submitted Package: Dec 2010
Pro-Rec'd: Aug 2011
FS: TBA

das

Contributor
Congrats, PRISSY83!

Before people get worried, PRISSY83 is not a reserve DIRCOM (DCO) applicant — your board is still 19-22SEP11! :)

PRISSY83

Pro-Rec'd for IW on Aug 11 IDC board
Congrats, PRISSY83!

Before people get worried, PRISSY83 is not a reserve DIRCOM (DCO) applicant — your board is still 19-22SEP11! :)
You're right... Sorry guys for the confusion. Didn't realize that you guys were waiting on DIRCOM. All the same good luck to you guys!!!!:)

das

Contributor
No worries! Congrats again on your selection! :)

Just thought some folks might flip out when they saw your post. ;)

widi

Anyone have updated Officer Personnel Allowance vs. onboard numbers for FY11 or FY12, projected (see attachment)? Also, any NIRRs out there that are currently not over the OPA with JOs?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1635Brief_fy11.jpg
    1635Brief_fy11.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 25

PapaK

My best wishes to all of you facing this board. I hope to see you around the fleet in the near future. Fiar Winds & Follwoing Seas! Go Navy!

mbstroz

Marc (IP Ensign)
It makes for a very long week of waiting. A week of seeing which part of me is stronger, the optimist or the pessimist side.