• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

SkyBoundET2

Whew, this year is particularly nerve wracking. This is my last attempt, I'm no longer applying for Pilot, but I appreciate the resources on this site. If any of you find anything out, please let me know, if I don't get selected I pack my bags for Japan! G'luck everyone!

I wish you, and everyone else, the absolute best luck. And look at the bright side! If you don't get selected, there are far worse places to go than Japan. :)

rw_steele

FY09 Med Corps Applicant
Mine still has the checklist... I'm not sure what that means. I would think the board would be over by now, but who knows. Does anybody elses package status still have the checklist?

SkyBoundET2

i just got some maybe-not-so-good information from another thread. the height/weight one... I'm a very small female, and fdrom what i've seen, it looks as though i may not even qualify to be a pilot. I've already done my flight physical, but they didn't mention anyhting about it. Does anyone know what happens if you get selected, then don't measure up?? Are you simply dropped from the program?

devildoc1981

FY09 Medical Corps Applicant
Mine still has the checklist... I'm not sure what that means. I would think the board would be over by now, but who knows. Does anybody elses package status still have the checklist?

Mine still has the check list as well. now i am nervous :confused:.. this could mean anything. who knows. well good luck to all

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
well I think it's pretty obvious that it doesn't mean your selected or not. I think after last year they won't be making any mistakes like that again.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
well I think it's pretty obvious that it doesn't mean your selected or not. I think after last year they won't be making any mistakes like that again.

I would have to agree. Again, the confusion last year was due to a different checklist. Not the one that is still be seen now by many of you all. On the bright side, official results will be released in 2 weeks!!! Then this god awful wait is over. Good luck to all.

CTT1 D

ENS D
really? would you mind giving a little background of your naval experience?

I got super stressed after reading the coment about college being almost a requirement. I have a few credits, but they were for online courses, and I didn't have time to submit them with the package. I've been told by people on my boat that they know of sailors who were picked up without prior college, but everyone on this forum seems to have already completed an associates, or close to it.,...

One thing a few of us noticed is that there is no "standard" criteria for selection. Through BOOST and NSI there were sailors ranging from fresh E-4s with only a good conduct medal to chiefs with over twelve years active. The same applies for college. Some sailors were only a semester away from a bachelors while some of us (like myself) had zero credit. Focus on your strengths and be optomistic for now. If you are interested in background experience, feel free to PM me.

Good luck to all of you.

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
i just got some maybe-not-so-good information from another thread. the height/weight one... I'm a very small female, and fdrom what i've seen, it looks as though i may not even qualify to be a pilot. I've already done my flight physical, but they didn't mention anyhting about it. Does anyone know what happens if you get selected, then don't measure up?? Are you simply dropped from the program?

The reason for the minimum/ maximum weight is largely due to the ejection seat. The most common ejection seat today is the "NACES"
Naval Aircrew Common Ejection Seat

Seat weight limits
1. The NACES nude body weight limits are
136 lb minimum and 213 lb maximum
2. The CNO nude body weight limits are
100 lb minimum and 235 lb maximum
NOTE: Being underweight puts one at
increased risk of acceleration injury, and
being overweight puts one at risk of​
inadequate ejection.

MasterBates

Their are weight waivers on both ends for the NACES seat. That is much more common, and way easier than an anthro waiver.

Be it unnatural for me to encourage a woman to INCREASE her weight, but if you are 5' nothing and 100 pounds, if you gained 20-30 pounds, and a good chunk of it went to your ass, you would increase your sitting height, Buttock-Knee Length and Leg Length all in one fell swoop while putting you into the "Safe" range for the seat.

Just an idea. Take it or leave it.

FYI, I did the opposite to get back into the "Waiverable" range from being too big.