• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
Their are weight waivers on both ends for the NACES seat. That is much more common, and way easier than an anthro waiver.

Be it unnatural for me to encourage a woman to INCREASE her weight, but if you are 5' nothing and 100 pounds, if you gained 20-30 pounds, and a good chunk of it went to your ass, you would increase your sitting height, Buttock-Knee Length and Leg Length all in one fell swoop while putting you into the "Safe" range for the seat.

Just an idea. Take it or leave it.

FYI, I did the opposite to get back into the "Waiverable" range from being too big.

I remember a pilot in my first squadron who must have had a weight waiver. He had two sets of extender staps on his flight gear...

On another note, I'm stationed close to an Air Force base now. Most if not all of the older Air Force Pilots are packing an extra 50+ pounds.

SkyBoundET2

my problem, i don't think, will come in the weight department, so much as the anthro. I'm 110 lbs- very athletically built. I'm just so damn short! I was looking at my fight physical results, and comparing them with the anthro thread in general avaiation, and my thumb-tip reach is only 22". Supposedly, I have 't-rex arms'. I, for one, am insulted. I think my arms are just the right size.... :p

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Well the board should have wrapped up on Friday. Good luck to everyone, hope to see everyone's names on the NAVADMIN in a couple of weeks!

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
For those of you who still have your checklist showing did you make sure you had all required documents included in your package? On the previous page somebody said their admin officer told them once a package is reviewed it changes from the checklist to closed. Being they don't review packages that are incomplete, even if one document is missing, that could be a possibility. But then again if your checklist says you have everything then that must not be the case. I think with the Oct being so close we are just looking for the smallest piece of hope and over-reacting. These last few days are going to be nerve wrecking!!! (Like the last month and a half hasn't)..

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
I spoke with my ESO, she went through STA-21, and she said that as of yesterday morning she was given word from P-cola that the board was still in session. she said that today being saturday the board could have ended yesterday. anyway she is going to call P-cola monday and find out if the board finished, and what it really means when your package is closed. i had everything required and at the least met the requirements to make the board if not get selected, and my package never closed. she was originally told that a closed package was already looked at by the board, but now is wondering if that was just an answer to give at the time.

i will let you all know what she is able to learn on monday!

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
now I'm really nervous that mine says closed lol, I wish there was a secret squirrel way to learn results!!!

flyn707

Are we all thinking that the results are going to come out on the 3rd or so? Maybe its a good thing if our package status states closed, or maybe thats just wishfull thinking. I wish that there were for sure big ticket items for this program like there are for chief. Good luck to all, and maybe the quotas are huge this year.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Maybe its a good thing if our package status states closed, or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

Who knows maybe they are using status closed page instead of the checklists that we are hoping for to prevent another "leak". From what I have heard there has been "leaks" of some sort or another on numerous years other than last years........Man speculation SUCKS!

SkyBoundET2

this is great... reading everyone else's posts, it feels really nice to know i'm not the only one TOTALLY streesing this. :) i've said it before- i don't know how my fellow applicants from my command can be so... mellow! these results determone whether or not i get to live my dream! :)

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
So this is the first time I have been on this site since I left for Boost and got a chuckle from the paranoia. I didn't get picked up until my third attempt. Here are some myths I would like to stop. For those of you that do get picked up you ARE eligible for your SRB until the day you execute your orders to NSI/BOOST. So those of you that will get one in October, you are safe regardless of outcome. Also, two of the three years I applied there were leaks so the possibility of a leak is high. I don't have any other gouge. I too am mystified how they pick the selectees. I was sailor of the year with a lot of transferrable credit one of the years I didn't get selected. I would also suggest going to ODU or SDSU or any of the other schools most Navy go to. I tried getting as far away as possible and now that I am trying make it through the BS electives my school makes me take. That on top of taking classes my school wouldn't take the others would have has made my experience not near as good as it could have been.

rbsbll09

STA-21 NFO Applicant
I just got a little bit of gouge from an officer i am out to sea with. He said for anyone who applies next year should look into schools with NROTC that don't meet their allotted quotas. He said that every NROTC school has a certain number of slots for ROTC guys and a set number for STA-21 guys. Schools like UT are hard to get becuase they always fill up and that South Carolina and FSU dont ever meet their quota. what happens is that a representative from each school sits on the board and helps select applicants. the first wave of selectees are selected for their schools and then they fill in where they need students. if you put UT as your first choice and they fill their slots you have to wait until all other schools select their students and then they will place you. if you select USC and they do not fill all of their slots you will be selected as long as you meet the appropriate criteria. once all the schools have taken their students the schools like USC can then take the leftovers from UT. its kinda like a draft. thats why they ask for your top 3 choices. they start with your first choice and then move on to your next 2 choices based on whether the schools have met their quotas and there is room. also check with your IS and learn what clearances you qualify for. The number one reason applicants dont make it is becuase they have something that keeps them from being eligible for a clearance. My YNC is a former UT ROTC leader and backed all of that up for me.

Is anyone else out to sea right now? i heard that it takes an extra few days for the ships to get and release the messages. I hope not!