• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

haubby

None
Contributor
This thread has become absolutely worthless. You'll find out when you find out. Go field day the ship or do something useful.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
You guys crack me up, but just in case you are wondering I am a McCain man myself. Being a good 'ole boy from Oklahoma, my daddy would kill me if I voted any other way, and no I'm not young. I'm married with three kids, but dad would still bend me over his knee and whup my ass!!hahaha

FitNavy

I'm a McCain woman and from Oklahoma too. But back to Sta-21, field daying the ship is important too but what matters a great deal is the attitude you do your job. I'm an instructor at an 'A' school in Pensacola and I try to motivate my students to be motivated with their work and quals, to volunteer for collateral duties and off duty education. When preparing for the boards it's important to be confident and expressive. I got 10s across the board on all my interviews. Hopefully that was in part to feeling at ease, being informed about my prospective community and showing determination.

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
Wonder if that is a pretense to the results because everyone knows once the quotas come out from the advancement exams, we always find out like within a few days. So like I said, probably next Wed.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I'm a McCain woman and from Oklahoma too. But back to Sta-21, field daying the ship is important too but what matters a great deal is the attitude you do your job. I'm an instructor at an 'A' school in Pensacola and I try to motivate my students to be motivated with their work and quals, to volunteer for collateral duties and off duty education. When preparing for the boards it's important to be confident and expressive. I got 10s across the board on all my interviews. Hopefully that was in part to feeling at ease, being informed about my prospective community and showing determination.

Im pretty sure we all got straight 10's across the board. Atleast I just figure that is the norm.....I really dont see how those things help since everyone gets all 10's and everyone gets the normal this sailor is the best sailor I have ever seen apply for STA-21. SELECT HIM NOW!!! hahaha

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude

ohhh snap! I think you just let us all know that you saw your package before it was sent out! I am sooo going to tell on you! ;)

I think its so funny how much I have changed from a year ago to now. I cant even believe for one that its been a year. I used to be all like high and mighty thinking, oh well because I think of this they will think I am good or what not. Really, what the crap? I look back and think of how sad really I was that I worked so hard in order to make a name for myself or for others to look at me as accomplishment, look at all my 10's that I got. My 10's are worthless if they I just put on a good show. In truth I have a lot to learn, have been doing my best to grow up and become a leader. I hope that some of you who get accepted don't have as much as a challenge as I have to put others before myself and stop acting like a gold star, pat on the back, or 10's on a report really mean anything. Pass your knowledge about this program to others so they can improve and can continue on the tradition of the STA-21.

I think thats a better discussion then current politics :)

FitNavy

ohhh snap! I think you just let us all know that you saw your package before it was sent out! I am sooo going to tell on you! ;)

I think its so funny how much I have changed from a year ago to now. I cant even believe for one that its been a year. I used to be all like high and mighty thinking, oh well because I think of this they will think I am good or what not. Really, what the crap? I look back and think of how sad really I was that I worked so hard in order to make a name for myself or for others to look at me as accomplishment, look at all my 10's that I got. My 10's are worthless if they I just put on a good show. In truth I have a lot to learn, have been doing my best to grow up and become a leader. I hope that some of you who get accepted don't have as much as a challenge as I have to put others before myself and stop acting like a gold star, pat on the back, or 10's on a report really mean anything. Pass your knowledge about this program to others so they can improve and can continue on the tradition of the STA-21.

I think thats a better discussion then current politics :)

I'm sure you're much more enlightened and have more of a clue than me. The point I was making was to pass on the things that helped you to other people. Especially the young sailors coming in. Whether you make it or not it's great to get others interested in the program. If I came across as smug then I apologize, that was not my intention. I was more interested in getting information and sharing in the wait with others.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I kind of doubt today will be the day, most commands have a 4 day weekend. I'm counting on next week sometime.

Stick

pilot
I love all of this speculation about when you think the message is comming out and that a certain day doesn't look good for a message. Just wait it out. The results will be out sometime in "mid October." Just remember there has to be a duty guy there so he might just post the message if in fact it is ready to go.

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
Stick, the last 25 pages of this forum have all been speculation. I don't think it's going to stop here. Predictions are not bad speculation. It is when someone comes on the forum with a "reliable source" and claims to know when the results are coming out.