• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

bryanteagle6

I doubt it. The labor supply (# applicants) for DCO has always vastly outpaced the labor demand (# billets).

That is my point - he didn't give my any concrete dates or objective. I also haven't heard anything from any other source. I guess he for gets we all have IW/intel skills, ha. So I haven't been promoting that hearse - just wishful thinking right now.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Sorry you missed this board. I was told I'd be considered in March of last year, then wasn't. I sympathize.
I am a unique non prior service pick for the intel community to gain diversity.
What makes you unique? What do you bring to the table?

Also, are you working with a mentor (O4 or O5 18X5 officer)?

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
I am going for all. I am thinking about CEH and some thing related to pen testing.
From what I've heard and seen, individuals should be looking at getting certifications that have been approved by DOD 8570 (http://www.eccouncil.org/Support/dod-8570) but I have no doubt the CEH would be of value.
I attended a training class a few years back through one of my previous employers and learned some pretty cool hacking techniques. Definitely a fun course.

bryanteagle6

I didn't mean unique - as in im super special and better by any stretch. From my experience 10+ years ago my intel officers had backgrounds in history, lawyers, MBA, language, etc. Today, it seems there are a lot more engineers, IT, MIS, etc. Im unique in the sense that im one of the few applied mathematics guys. I read a report done not to long ago where the navy STEM breakdown was like 5% mathematics. A lot of the true math jobs are done by civilians at research laboratories. Where I am unique is I am a Mathematician with a masters in Administration and Leadership but I don't have military experience. So when i said unique - i just meant.... there aren't any other math nerds that are also have an administrative masters. One of the intel officers that is "mentoring" (kind of) me said he would love to have a math guy in his unit. I just have to hope that the board finds that valuable.
I am also starting my Masters in Mathematics too - I live close to one of those research labs, I might look into that as well.

ACB

For all of you waiting to hear about the results from this past IDC DCO selection board, I was just informed by my recruiter that the results are usually posted 2 weeks after the board. Has anyone heard anything to contradict this info?

rjsj38

For all of you waiting to hear about the results from this past IDC DCO selection board, I was just informed by my recruiter that the results are usually posted 2 weeks after the board. Has anyone heard anything to contradict this info?
For the last board, some candidates were actually notified by their recruiter the same Friday the board finished!

ACB

For the last board, some candidates were actually notified by their recruiter the same Friday the board finished!
how do I get that recruiter? Is the list generated the day of the board and just not posted online until two weeks later? My recruiter has been open with me and admits the he doesn't know the IDC community and how it works.

It's sad that at the last moment it happened with you. Please be proactive this time. Thats a great lesson learned for all who are non prior.

exNavyOffRec

The intel community program auth says DLPT 2/2/2. It doesn't specify languages, but I concur on yours (and would add Russian). Recent IDC DCO results don't mention foreign language except a passing reference to language degrees for 1815 officers.

"14.b. The DCNO for Info Dominance (now Info Warfare?) has directed a 60-40% hard science versus social science targeted accession mix of all new IDC (now IWC) accessions." I believe this applies to the Reserve Component, too, right? The DCO board seems to look at it.

New accessions I took to mean OCS programs, if they are including DCO that is a not good for most of the people trying for DCO, for those that are STEM related that is great news as the competition is much less.