• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Neil Helfand

Just spoke with my recruiter. Didn't get it. Was told that they were 350% above their applicant goal, so it was an extremely tough Board this time around. Was my second time applying. Congratulations to everyone who made it.

Did not get it. Congrats to those who got it. None from NRD San Diego, according to my recruiter. Nationwide, what I've heard is 2 IW, 3 IP, but more intel. Thinking about OCS . Is anyone applying for OCS any branch? Please suggest some discussion thread for upcoming board any branch? Especially Air Force reserve or Air National Guard ? My background is in IT.

ACB

Did not get it. Congrats to those who got it. None from NRD San Diego, according to my recruiter. Nationwide, what I've heard is 2 IW, 3 IP, but more intel. Thinking about OCS . Is anyone applying for OCS any branch? Please suggest some discussion thread for upcoming board any branch? Especially Air Force reserve or Air National Guard ? My background is in IT.
Sorry to hear you didn't get it.
Depends on what you want to do. I'm new to the board so this is the only thread I have been watching. I've been active duty air force, Air National guard and have worked with all of the services. I could answer some of your questions if you are interested. I'm currently an E-7 in the Air National Guard and just applied for this DCO program, waiting to hear of the results just like everyone else... well most of everyone else.

Sorry to hear you didn't get it.
Depends on what you want to do. I'm new to the board so this is the only thread I have been watching. I've been active duty air force, Air National guard and have worked with all of the services. I could answer some of your questions if you are interested. I'm currently an E-7 in the Air National Guard and just applied for this DCO program, waiting to hear of the results just like everyone else... well most of everyone else.
I am considering Air Force reserve. I heard, they are on hiring freeze. I think and spoke to the Army NG recruiters, Army National Guard accepts almost anyone who meets minimum qualification but I don't like the fact that I have to go Bootcamp and OCS take a while/2 years. Air National Guard is almost not hiring or hiring only from the same base. CG board is in October. I personally feel/my opinion and I heard from buddies in different branches including army that it's better to be an enlisted in the air force than officer in the army. They told me many reasons. No disrespect to any forces but thats what I heard.

ACB

I am considering Air Force reserve. I heard, they are on hiring freeze. I think and spoke to the Army NG recruiters, Army National Guard accepts almost anyone who meets minimum qualification but I don't like the fact that I have to go Bootcamp and OCS take a while/2 years. Air National Guard is almost not hiring or hiring only from the same base. CG board is in October. I personally feel/my opinion and I heard from buddies in different branches including army that it's better to be an enlisted in the air force than officer in the army. They told me many reasons. No disrespect to any forces but thats what I heard.
Each branch has their strengths and weaknesses. While I have not been enlisted in either the Navy or Army, nor have I been an officer in either of those two branches, I have worked with all of them for the majority of my military and civilian career. If a commission does not work out in either the Air Force or the Navy, I suggest you figure out what it is you want to end up doing. Once you have that figured out ask around and find out who provides the best technical training for that discipline. Or you can be like me, just go where ever they send you, get trained on as much as you can, get nice and old and still not know what you want to do when you grow up. Now I have been extremely fortunate and got into a great career field when I started and from there have retrained twice into different career fields that complimented each other.

I could go on and on, but if a commission does not work out, do your homework and really figure out what you want to do in the military and ask for advice.

exNavyOffRec

Just spoke with my recruiter. Didn't get it. Was told that they were 350% above their applicant goal, so it was an extremely tough Board this time around. Was my second time applying. Congratulations to everyone who made it.

I think you may have misunderstood some of what they were saying, each NRD has an application goal, but that has no bearing at what the board selects, if the USN has met their accession goal for a designator for that FY then they just won't select anyone. If they were saying that they had 350% more applicants that available billets, that wouldn't surprise me given the numbers that apply for DCO programs.

gaj29

What does 350% above their applicant goal mean? They have 350% more candidates apply than there were slots?

gaj29

I think you may have misunderstood some of what they were saying, each NRD has an application goal, but that has no bearing at what the board selects, if the USN has met their accession goal for a designator for that FY then they just won't select anyone. If they were saying that they had 350% more applicants that available billets, that wouldn't surprise me given the numbers that apply for DCO programs.
350% above available billets sounds normal....the last number of billets for each FY hovered around 65 intel slots, so 350% of 65 is about 228 total applicants, which is the average number of packages from the last several FYs.