• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

IWC hopeful

C'mon IP!!!
For those of you NOT selected, what were your stats/brief bio/interview scores/OIC %?

I still don't know my fate yet, so I'll answer what I can
I had no idea that there were interview scores and OIC % information until following this forum, so I don't know what I was sent to selection with.

Otherwise, prior enlisted service with outstanding evals and multiple LOC and LOA. 15 years IT experience and currently an IT director. Bachelor's in information technology and sciences. Gleaming references and a very very good OR. I am the first start to finish for my NC1, so she is still learning the entire Officer process which is why I probably wasn't aware of those confidence stats. Will be going enlisted reserves if not selected for IP. Recruiter and all my interviewers said I'm a very strong candidate. We will see...

Last edited:

unbroken

Naval officer
Was selected for 1835 - Intel. Non-prior, not sure what my interview scores were.

LORs were probably my greatest distinguishing factor. My recruiter was awesome and I owe him a huge debt of gratitude as well.

Congratulations to those who were selected. To those who were not: competition without animosity is one of life's most noble enterprises. Keep your head up, good things will eventually come your way and I'll keep cheering for you. Also, do "you" and don't lend too much weight to either praise or criticism. No one on here has access to your entire application, so take both confidence and caution for what it is -- anonymous comments on an online forum.

Congrats again to those who will be joining the Fleet!

Last edited:

Bush League

Long time lurker, choose to join the thread now that people are starting to get results.

I am applying for Intel in the DC Metro Area. Prior service of 5 years in the air guard and a total of six years intel experience. I have a MBA and work for a three letter intel agency. Waiting to hear my results...

SaltySingh

New member here.
Currently, serving in the Navy Reserve (5 active years). 1st time applied for IDC DCO (IP/Intel) - was not selected. Enthusiastically, look forward to prepare and apply for the next board. Anybody has any ideas or opinions on when might the next board convenes?

unbroken

Naval officer
New member here.
Currently, serving in the Navy Reserve (5 active years). 1st time applied for IDC DCO (IP/Intel) - was not selected. Enthusiastically, look forward to prepare and apply for the next board. Anybody has any ideas or opinions on when might the next board convenes?

At this point boards are being held once annually, so I assume the next board would convene in Jan 2017.

Saigonista

Do we think it's just east coast people who are still waiting to hear results? Trying to make sense of why some recruiters have the results, but others do not.

SaltySingh

Do we think it's just east coast people who are still waiting to hear results? Trying to make sense of why some recruiters have the results, but others do not.
I am in the North East region and I emailed my recruiter this morning regarding the results. He called me right away and said that he just received the results this morning and sorting the list. So, sounds like east coast or certain recruiters in the east coast are receiving the results later than the others.

unbroken

Naval officer
I am in the North East region and I emailed my recruiter this morning regarding the results. He called me right away and said that he just received the results this morning and sorting the list. So, sounds like east coast or certain recruiters in the east coast are receiving the results later than the others.

I applied through NRD New England and was notified this AM. Did not inquire about any stats, how many were selected, etc., so nothing else to offer on this.

NavyPO1

Congrats! Seems like you have been a part of this community since 2008 :) Do you mind sharing your background? What do you think was your strength? Any advice?
had to repost

Fleet Saile, I originally joined when I was still AC in 2008 deciding whether to stay in and go LDO or not. I ultimately decided to leave AC instead and never put in an LDO package. So this is actually my first time applying to be an Officer and I dont know why I didn't think to do the LDO route either for Reserves.

From what I hear is I met all the criterias

Military background - Current ITC and Serves as Senior Enlisted with Computers and Communications (shipboard and mobile) experience<-- Military background was a big one for IP.
C Schools - 2735/2781/2379/2791
STEM Degree (BS in IT)
Technical Certifications (Sec+, VMware, Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE)
Excellent/Outstanding PFA Scores
Leadership/Supervisory Experience (Served as LPO always had EP evals and currently lead 27 Sailors)
Current Security Clearance with Poly
Great motivational Statement (ASPR)
Great recommendations from AC Commodore and the board/OIC. My recruiter wont show me the writeup, but did say they were awesome writeups.
Did my interview in Choker whites!!!
I dont know if being in the Washington Area gave me more of an advantage or not though.

My advice is to follow the precept, if its like any board I've been to its a panel of folks with a sheet of paper marking off checkblocks and awarding points to each of the blocks and then tallying it up. If you meet all the requirements the only thing is likely your evals and/or your motivational statement.
The 2014 Precept is Recommended applications for Information Professional (1825) possessed the following general attributes: quantifiable leadership/supervision (military/civilian), advanced technical degrees (particularly STEM related), Information Technology/IDC-related work experience (Radio Frequency (RF) technology or Shipboard Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Inlelligence (C4I)), technical certifications (e.g. CISSP, Security+), security clearance eligibility, strong and well-written motivational statements, outstanding interviews and recommendations.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

because email arrives at different times depending where you are at.....

had to repost

Fleet Saile, I originally joined when I was still AC in 2008 deciding whether to stay in and go LDO or not. I ultimately decided to leave AC instead and never put in an LDO package. So this is actually my first time applying to be an Officer and I dont know why I didn't think to do the LDO route either for Reserves.

From what I hear is I met all the criterias

Military background - Current ITC and Serves as Senior Enlisted with Computers and Communications (shipboard and mobile) experience<-- Military background was a big one for IP.
C Schools - 2735/2781/2379/2791
STEM Degree (BS in IT)
Technical Certifications (Sec+, VMware, Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE)
Excellent/Outstanding PFA Scores
Leadership/Supervisory Experience (Served as LPO always had EP evals and currently lead 27 Sailors)
Current Security Clearance with Poly
Great motivational Statement (ASPR)
Great recommendations from AC Commodore and the board/OIC. My recruiter wont show me the writeup, but did say they were awesome writeups.
Did my interview in Choker whites!!!
I dont know if being in the Washington Area gave me more of an advantage or not though.

My advice is to follow the precept, if its like any board I've been to its a panel of folks with a sheet of paper marking off checkblocks and awarding points to each of the blocks and then tallying it up. If you meet all the requirements the only thing is likely your evals and/or your motivational statement.
The 2014 Precept is Recommended applications for Information Professional (1825) possessed the following general attributes: quantifiable leadership/supervision (military/civilian), advanced technical degrees (particularly STEM related), Information Technology/IDC-related work experience (Radio Frequency (RF) technology or Shipboard Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Inlelligence (C4I)), technical certifications (e.g. CISSP, Security+), security clearance eligibility, strong and well-written motivational statements, outstanding interviews and recommendations.
Thank you for sharing. Great background. Best of luck :)