• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY16 IDC DCO Board (Jan 16)

If you applied, select the designator(s) you applied for

• 1805 METOC

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 1815 IW

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • 1825 IP

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • 1835 INTEL

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Neil Helfand

For those of you NOT selected, what were your stats/brief bio/interview scores/OIC %?
I'm an attorney with a Masters in international relations. Used to do some intel work at the Library of Congress, spent a few years at DHS, and now at a law firm doing international trade/customs work. Background in Russian language/studied in Russia. Scored all 10s on three interviews with O-5s, 100% rating from OIC. No prior service.

gaj29

I'm an attorney with a Masters in international relations. Used to do some intel work at the Library of Congress, spent a few years at DHS, and now at a law firm doing international trade/customs work. Background in Russian language/studied in Russia. Scored all 10s on three interviews with O-5s, 100% rating from OIC. No prior service.
Wow -- if you didn't get selected who are they even looking for in this board? Ashton Carter? Francis Gary Powers? Richard Marcinko? Surprised you didn't make it! Best of luck in the future and I hope you reapply, you would certainly benefit the Navy.

Last edited:

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Congrats to everyone selected. This forum has been a great resource over the years I've been applying. After 7 years of applications (4 OCS, 3 DCO), I've finally been picked up for IW.
I'm extremely happy for and proud of you. It takes extreme dedication to grind the gears for seven years. Can you share the incremental enhancements to your package, and what it was that (in your opinion) finally got you the nod?

bryanteagle6

Congrats to everyone selected. This forum has been a great resource over the years I've been applying. After 7 years of applications (4 OCS, 3 DCO), I've finally been picked up for IW.
That's awesome! Dream come true it sounds like. Focus and persistence wins!

Neil Helfand

Wow -- if you didn't get selected who are they even looking for in this board? Ashton Carter? Francis Gary Powers? Richard Marcinko? Surprised you didn't make it! Best of luck in the future and I hope you reapply, you would certainly benefit the Navy.
I really appreciate that! Has been a rough day, but I will definitely regroup and reapply. Fingers crossed that your recruiter gets back to you with good news.

ryblyguy

Regardless of those being PROREC Y and PROREC N, it's been refreshing to see how many people on this board are dedicated to serving their country (and each other). This application process was no easy task! The fact that the board receives such large number of highly qualified applicants is a testament to how great our nation truly is! Here's to the 1%ers current and future!