• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

1812TC

Fourth!

In all seriousness though, if we prepare with HIIT programs like Insanity, is that good enough to get in overall shape for OCS or not even close? I completed Insanity and twice, in high school and college. It’s incredibly hard, but it improved my cardio drastically. My endurance isn’t as high anymore since I haven’t done it in a while, but if I started again to prepare, along with usual pushups and running, will that help?
I’m not specifically training any cardio, just cutting from 200 to ~175/170 @69”. Currently at 183lbs. That should shed the extra fat and muscle to free up some endurance

ndraper728

A great way to build endurance for the cardiovascular system is getting a good mix of HIIT and steady state cardio. I only do HIIT about 3 times a week and the rest I do about 30-45 mins of steady state like stairs or incline walking. That upped my run time drastically. I was training with a BB coach but ive been laying off weight lifting lately in order to prep for OCS. Hate that I’ll more than likely be losing good mass while at OCS. Remember, diet is huge and will supplement your endurance training! Much love guys. Y’all are getting me hyped!

Swimmer91

A great way to build endurance for the cardiovascular system is getting a good mix of HIIT and steady state cardio. I only do HIIT about 3 times a week and the rest I do about 30-45 mins of steady state like stairs or incline walking. That upped my run time drastically. I was training with a BB coach but ive been laying off weight lifting lately in order to prep for OCS. Hate that I’ll more than likely be losing good mass while at OCS. Remember, diet is huge and will supplement your endurance training! Much love guys. Y’all are getting me hyped!
Diet IS super important. I've been regularly visiting many fine brewing establishments particularly for that reason.

Thanos

I’m not specifically training any cardio, just cutting from 200 to ~175/170 @69”. Currently at 183lbs. That should shed the extra fat and muscle to free up some endurance

Thanks for the insight. I’ve personally been trying to simply just eat less in general. I’m down to about 140-142 lbs at 67 in from 152 months ago. I’d still like to lose a little more body fat with HIIT, which I’ll hopefully start up again soon (thanks to missing this board, I got plenty of time until the 27 Jan one). I’m also aware though that we’ll all likely lose a few pounds at OCS too, so I don’t wanna lose too much beforehand. Despite being a pain in the ass, I like programs like Insanity, CrossFit, and Focus T25.