• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Height limit no, but what will be measured is your sitting height, and your butt to knee length. Depending on where those fall within the chart will determine what platforms NAMI will approve you for.
Luckily I’m pretty well proportioned so I don’t think I will have any trouble with most trainers. I think the only one I may be anthro’d out of would be jets but let’s hope not!

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Damn, I would have guessed 76” was too tall for a pilot.
I wasn’t even sure what the upper limit was until now. I remember reading that the height limit for astronauts was 72” so i slouched a bit when they were taking my height at meps, just to make sure.
According to military records, I’m 71.75” ?

Jets, at least. Helo’s, CODs (C-2 Greyhound/MV-22 Osprey), Hummers (E-2C/D Hawkeye), Mercuries, and P-8s have more breathing room for really tall peeps out there.

Here’s a fun truth: Army Special Forces or other elite units (around the world like in UK and the British Commonwealth, not just US) for that matter don’t like tall people joining their cadres at all because they tend to extremely stand out, like literally.

Last edited:

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
I actually hope I get COD I know that it is really competitive and a small community but If I can’t get jets that would be my next choice. Plus if I get to fly the new 22s that would be pretty dope...

Cool beans. Pour moi, it’s either Jets or Helo’s, all the way. That is, as long as I get the chance to go back to carrier duty like in my days as an AE attached to VFA squadrons.