• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Josh3714

And like I said earlier...that's why I hope my GPA of 4.0 over rides my OAR. I got 7s across the board but I feel I could have gotten a much better OAR. I made E-6 in 5 years too so I hope they will look at that and all my other qualifications I have done and received through out my time being Active Duty.

And like I said earlier...that's why I hope my GPA of 4.0 over rides my OAR. I got 7s across the board but I feel I could have gotten a much better OAR. I made E-6 in 5 years too so I hope they will look at that and all my other qualifications I have done and received through out my time being Active Duty.
I swear to God you have to not only be diligent but you have to be lucky to get a 4.0 in college. Some professors I had made it impossible to get an A in their class.

Josh3714

I swear to God you have to not only be diligent but you have to be lucky to get a 4.0 in college. Some professors I had made it impossible to get an A in their class.

I have been a full time student 5 years while being Active Duty and that wasn't easy. I'm just happy it's all finally coming together and hope I get picked up for pilot.

UW14

The best scores yet! Thats impressive ! Shoe in for sure

Thanks!

True. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. If you're going through the hoops and hurdles to become an officer in the military, then you definitely have strengths. I didn't have very many impressive LORs, I don't have thousands of volunteer hours, and I've always had to be measured at weigh ins because I never fall within the Navy weight standards. So, as someone said earlier, it really is the "whole package" they're looking for (or else they wouldn't ask for so much information!). The ASTB/OAR may just be the first thing they look at, but they definitely don't stop there.

+1, well said. I agree that the "whole person concept" is the best way to go. I think motivational statements and extracurricular/community involvement should be weighed way more heavily but like NOR said that's not always the case unfortunately. I see more value in the experiences that have built someone's character and their abilities but we have to go by the Navy's application process. All we can do is our best then wait, speculate, wait more, get false hope, wait, then hear results are coming out and have a heart attack before even getting a call ;).

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
No sense in worrying about what we could have done better in college. All the stuff we learned, all the mistakes we made, all the times we messed up made us all the future officer candidates we all are. No need to dwell on our past failures as long as we've learned from them, so that when we are leading newly commissioned Ensigns we can help them avoid our dumb mistakes. So go work out, go have a beer with a friend, or go listen to Dos Gringos because those guys are funny as hell. Fly, run, swim, crawl, ruck, and know that if you get the chance, you'll be a damn good Naval Officer.

Hope I didn't go full Motard with that...

Josh3714

When I was talking to the Fleet OCS Processor, the guy who reviews all the packages and gets them ready for the boards, he said there is no quota for each board but they give quotas for the year and for FY14 it's more than 300 pilots they're selecting. I'm not sure what it was last year so I'm not sure how to compare it. He basically said they can pick most in one board, and none of them in another board..however, they picked most at the beginning of the FY which happened during the last board or two. So all we can do is just submit our packets and hope for the best. He's still saying April for the board and he has heard nothing about any board before April, for those who didn't see my post way back in this thread.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
No sense in worrying about what we could have done better in college. All the stuff we learned, all the mistakes we made, all the times we messed up made us all the future officer candidates we all are. No need to dwell on our past failures as long as we've learned from them, so that when we are leading newly commissioned Ensigns we can help them avoid our dumb mistakes. So go work out, go have a beer with a friend, or go listen to Dos Gringos because those guys are funny as hell. Fly, run, swim, crawl, ruck, and know that if you get the chance, you'll be a damn good Naval Officer.

Hope I didn't go full Motard with that...
Checked a few of those boxes today. I think i may just check out until I get the call cause none of this stressing garbage is doing me any good. Doesn't keep my beer any colder, my blood pressure lower or change my scores. Best of luck guys and maybe I'll see you at OCS.

AmericanJoe

Checked a few of those boxes today. I think i may just check out until I get the call cause none of this stressing garbage is doing me any good. Doesn't keep my beer any colder, my blood pressure lower or change my scores. Best of luck guys and maybe I'll see you at OCS.

+1

David0619

When I was talking to the Fleet OCS Processor, the guy who reviews all the packages and gets them ready for the boards, he said there is no quota for each board but they give quotas for the year and for FY14 it's more than 300 pilots they're selecting. I'm not sure what it was last year so I'm not sure how to compare it. He basically said they can pick most in one board, and none of them in another board..however, they picked most at the beginning of the FY which happened during the last board or two. So all we can do is just submit our packets and hope for the best. He's still saying April for the board and he has heard nothing about any board before April, for those who didn't see my post way back in this thread.
I heard last board December they picked up 80 or so pilot and NFO, so, there still should be plenty of slots for the rest of 2014, right?

exNavyOffRec

I heard last board December they picked up 80 or so pilot and NFO, so, there still should be plenty of slots for the rest of 2014, right?

FY14 was picking people in April of last year, if they are pushing the Pilot/NFO/SWO board to April they will probably be picking FY14 and FY15