• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

David0619

Yeah I should have studied.
Male 24
9/9/9 - 67
GPA 3.63
B.S. Systems Engineering (May 2013)

Missed Dec board due to some extra waiver stuff. Waiting for SNA/SNFO board, I'm also in the current IDC board.

Profile has more info if you're interested.
Shouldn't you be working for Apple or google??? You are too smart to get shot of a carrier. I was told 9s were too flashy so I shot for 7,6,5. Haha I'm sure you'll get it, great scores.

Hump

Not at the Enterprise I want to work at...
Hate to be Debbie Downer, but do we have confirmation from anyone's OR or PM? I don't particularly want to get back on the Hope-Dope Roller Coaster again if I can avoid it. My app's been "at board" in CIRIMS since late December. Also, Atlanta is frozen, so the temptation is to be on here constantly haha

Josh3714

Hate to be Debbie Downer, but do we have confirmation from anyone's OR or PM? I don't particularly want to get back on the Hope-Dope Roller Coaster again if I can avoid it. My app's been "at board" in CIRIMS since late December. Also, Atlanta is frozen, so the temptation is to be on here constantly haha

I just called the fleet OCS Processor and he's still saying board in April submit packets by March. I would think he would know. I don't have an OR though, I'm doing it on my own because I'm AD, but I'm going to call an OR just to see if he knows anything but like I said, I think the OCS Processor would know.

Surf

pilot
Just my 2 cents, take it as you will.

The fact that this applicant pool has several people who've scored outstanding on the ASTB should make you feel better not worse about your packet. Look at what we are all trying to do, fly or navigate multi-million dollar machines in the middle of the ocean. Wouldn't you want the best and brightest guys doing it? I feel honored knowing that if I am selected I will be peers with some of America's finest, who want this job just as much as I do. Knowing we have guys who are rockstars in the classroom will push us guys who may have struggled here and there to be better. If and when it comes to it, we will all be the same know-nothing ensigns at primary getting our a*% handed to us anyway. :D

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Just my 2 cents, take it as you will.

The fact that this applicant pool has several people who've scored outstanding on the ASTB should make you feel better not worse about your packet. Look at what we are all trying to do, fly or navigate multi-million dollar machines in the middle of the ocean. Wouldn't you want the best and brightest guys doing it? I feel honored knowing that if I am selected I will be peers with some of America's finest, who want this job just as much as I do. Knowing we have guys who are rockstars in the classroom will push us guys who may have struggled here and there to be better. If and when it comes to it, we will all be the same know-nothing ensigns at primary getting our a*% handed to us anyway. :D
A blow to the balls is still a blow to the balls but I see you point...it's an inferiority complex surfacing. Trick is having the confidence you'll make it knowing everyone around you is better from a testing standpoint. When shit hits the fan though test scores fly right out the window along with egos

Surf

pilot
A blow to the balls is still a blow to the balls but I see you point...it's an inferiority complex surfacing. Trick is having the confidence you'll make it knowing everyone around you is better from a testing standpoint. When shit hits the fan though test scores fly right out the window along with egos
Confidence in your abilities, you said it right. There is always going to be someone better than you at something, but that is the point. We all hit a equalizer sooner or later.

cb812

SNA
Our scores are at best "estimates" of how we will perform in flight training. A solid package with "competitive" scores is what we should all be shooting for.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Our scores are at best "estimates" of how we will perform in flight training. A solid package with "competitive" scores is what we should all be shooting for.
we are all getting cabin fever and getting antsy...everything seems like a big deal now lol

jander12

pilot
Shouldn't you be working for Apple or google??? You are too smart to get shot of a carrier. I was told 9s were too flashy so I shot for 7,6,5. Haha I'm sure you'll get it, great scores.

Thanks. Apple or Google... I don't think so. If there were any of the Google type interview questions on the ASTB/OAR then my scores would be much much lower!

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Think of it this way. You know how there are super smart people in your class, but outside of the academic sphere, they are a total klutz.

Not saying the people scoring 9's are klutz, heck they might be a perfect person (looks, money, smarts, athletic ability, street smarts). But just a way to ease the pain about someone having a better score than you, lol.