• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fixed wing jet would be #1 for me however I am not dead set on any air frame in particular. I'm sure we will all have a much better understanding of each aircraft, it's missions, and individual air frame communities while in API and Primary. At this point, after going through a few boards, I am just wanting a Pro Rec Y, regardless of which air frame I end up in.
Good advice. Wait until you've absorbed the capabilities/missions of all platforms before you decide (this site is a good place to get this info).;)

Having come into the Flight Training Program from an enlisted tour on a fleet submarine, I was shooting for the goal of CV ASW (S-2 Trackers at that time). While in basic, we had two F-4D Skyrays fly in for a short display for the flight students. Upon departure, they executed a "high performance" A/B T/O & climb (they held the world time-to-climb record at that time). It was awesome, & before they had leveled off... I changed my goal to the 'Ford'!:eek:
VF-94 FJ-3M  c. 1958.jpg
Well I did get VF Jets, but orders to VF-94, a fleet FJ-3M Fury squadron at NAS Moffett. Just as well, as by the time I winged, Fords were being phased out prematurely because of "short legs", and nose gear problems on CV landings. I was quite happy in my career 2 communities, VF, then VA. So your community/platform may well change as you proceed toward selection, as you become more informed.:)
BzB

Surf

pilot
Fixed wing jet would be #1 for me however I am not dead set on any air frame in particular. I'm sure we will all have a much better understanding of each aircraft, it's missions, and individual air frame communities while in API and Primary. At this point, after going through a few boards, I am just wanting a Pro Rec Y, regardless of which air frame I end up in.
How many boards have you been to? This will be my second. Which brings up a good question, how many boards has everyone else been to?

David0619

How many boards have you been to? This will be my second. Which brings up a good question, how many boards has everyone else been to?
Hey did they give any reason why non select? Also, what is your gpa if I can pry I didn't see it on your profile?

halfbreed83

How do you select Helos? I thought there was a separate application instead of SNA for helos, also is there NFO's for helos?

Surf

pilot
Hey did they give any reason why non select? Also, what is your gpa if I can pry I didn't see it on your profile?
No unfortunately they don't give you a reason, but I knew my GPA was the biggest factor being a 2.75. I took the ASTB again after the July board and got a better score which allowed me to apply again. If its a no again this time I'll head to grad school and raise my composite GPA for another shot at it in a couple years. It is a buyers market, and I am realistic but I truly know this is what I need to do.

David0619

No unfortunately they don't give you a reason, but I knew my GPA was the biggest factor being a 2.75. I took the ASTB again after the July board and got a better score which allowed me to apply again. If its a no again this time I'll head to grad school and raise my composite GPA for another shot at it in a couple years. It is a buyers market, and I am realistic but I truly know this is what I need to do.
I really admire your determination man! You'll get it.

Josh3714

I really admire your determination man! You'll get it.

I just saw this. What was your ASTB score the first time if you don't mind me asking?