• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Heres a public Google Doc Excel sheet that people can put their information on. I added some new people from Alex R's original list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap1CYUQ-i27cdFpOclNvUVBPM0RYU2hkTF9KYklTbVE#gid=0
I may have only made things worse but I threw in some power rankings. Its looking like 6,7,6 55 with a 3.4 is the middle ground (maybe considered the competitive mark). After all its only the numbers and we all bring different intangibles to the table. Take out the GPA and its almost dead on navy competitive stats for pilot

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I may have only made things worse but I threw in some power rankings. Its looking like 6,7,6 55 with a 3.4 is the middle ground (maybe considered the competitive mark). After all its only the numbers and we all bring different intangibles to the table. Take out the GPA and its almost dead on navy competitive stats for pilot

You are also an Excel god.

I've also been watching PBS's documentary Carrier 239423 times to get hyped up.

Surf

pilot
You are also an Excel god.

I've also been watching PBS's documentary Carrier 239423 times to get hyped up.

That is a great documentary, I have watched the whole series twice. Also agree about the excel sheet, that is most likely similar to what the board does for review.

BlackAce

VT-9 Trying to sick less everyday...trying
Guess I'll throw my scores into the pot. Apparently missed the last board submit date by two days. Isn't this waiting game fun?

7/8/7 56 and a 2.89 GPA in Mechanical Engineering. Wasn't too wild about my scores but after seeing a bunch of the other scores I'm feeling even more nervous now. Best of luck to everyone, hope we hear some good news soon!

Surf

pilot
Guess I'll throw my scores into the pot. Apparently missed the last board submit date by two days. Isn't this waiting game fun?

7/8/7 56 and a 2.89 GPA in Mechanical Engineering. Wasn't too wild about my scores but after seeing a bunch of the other scores I'm feeling even more nervous now. Best of luck to everyone, hope we hear some good news soon!
Welcome aboard, those are solid scores man. It is a competitive applicant pool, but that is a good thing.

cb812

SNA
Smithsonian channel just featured the Blue Angels on their series "Mighty Planes".... pretty cool inside look into their program and some great aerial shots of formation flying. Watched it this morning while I had my cup of coffee... great way to start the day! As far as training goes, I am a bit of a fitness junkie as well. Cardio training consists of road biking and running. I am nursing a nagging IT band flareup so my running is not quite where I would like it to be. 3 days of weights per week plus core training and stretching. Right when I wake up, I'll hit the deck and knock out a max set of push ups, same thing right before I go to bed. Sounds like we'll be a tough bunch if we end up in OCS together...