• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
So I have been waiting on MEPS... have to go back in for an inspect being that the last time I went through was Oct. 2012. Anyway... my OR informed me of this but added "I also called the manager for aviation and she told me that there will not be a board until the middle of April, so we have a little time to get this all worked out." Have any of you also heard this from your OR's?
I too have yet to go through MEPS. I will be submitting for the April 14 boar. Package is due March 19.

Connie

I submitted my package Dec. 3rd for NFO. If they are still holding true to the 120 day period of your package being seen, an April 14th board is past my 120 day period if the quick math in my head is correct (not sure if weekends are counted but I included them...). So for those of us who just missed the December board, another board should be held before April 14th. But, who knows if they are still following the 120 days.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
I submitted my package Dec. 3rd for NFO. If they are still holding true to the 120 day period of your package being seen, an April 14th board is past my 120 day period if the quick math in my head is correct (not sure if weekends are counted but I included them...). So for those of us who just missed the December board, another board should be held before April 14th. But, who knows if they are still following the 120 days.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is 120 days from when the board convenes. If you just missed the last board, it's 120 days from the next board? So 120 days from April 14th???

akjim101

Well I got my kit submitted to NRD Seattle on Friday. Hopefully it clears them and makes it to CNRC in time to get to the next board. My OR thinks the next board would have to be more than a month away for me to make it. I hope either A) he's wrong and theres a board sooner than that or B) the next board doesn't meet until I'm able to make it (a little selfish I know, sorry guys!)

Connie

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is 120 days from when the board convenes. If you just missed the last board, it's 120 days from the next board? So 120 days from April 14th???
I was told it was 120 days from when I submitted it and when it was processed. But who knows. It appears that we all receive different information.

Received this from my OR today:

"Good afternoon. The Pilot/NFO/SWO board is scheduled to convene on or around 14 April, and the Supply board on or around 14 March. However, please be advised that these dates are subject to modification based on the needs of the Navy. I will definitely let you know as soon as we have any news on any of the boards."

In separate threads I have read "SWO is closed for FY14", "SNA/NFO board is first week of march", and "Supply board just convened and results are out." Are people trolling on this forum?

Can we get a consensus here?

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot

"Good afternoon. The Pilot/NFO/SWO board is scheduled to convene on or around 14 April, and the Supply board on or around 14 March. However, please be advised that these dates are subject to modification based on the needs of the Navy. I will definitely let you know as soon as we have any news on any of the boards."

In separate threads I have read "SWO is closed for FY14", "SNA/NFO board is first week of march", and "Supply board just convened and results are out." Are people trolling on this forum?

No, we aren't trolling. Everyone's OR's are giving us different answers, so it's impossible for us to know a date. We just have to wait until next week to see if theres a board, if not, then by process of elimination, there's no board this month. Then we do the same thing in March until the month is over, etc.

exNavyOffRec

FYI DIVO's info from the PM was the March Supply board isn't happening and June is the next one.

Josh3714

When I talked to the Fleet OCS Processor (guy who screens and sees all the packets) he said April. Pretty sure he knows more than an OR would.

exNavyOffRec

When I talked to the Fleet OCS Processor (guy who screens and sees all the packets) he said April. Pretty sure he knows more than an OR would.

Generally not, several OR's get info directly from the PM's, the processors while they do vital work are essentially the lowest guys at NRC, their info was in most cases rarely correct because the Director just hadn't been able to update them.

I just noticed you are AD, so think of it this way, you want to know what the leave schedules are and if there is room to take leave, do you talk to the 3 year AN or do you talk to the LPO or CPO

David0619

Generally not, several OR's get info directly from the PM's, the processors while they do vital work are essentially the lowest guys at NRC, their info was in most cases rarely correct because the Director just hadn't been able to update them.

I just noticed you are AD, so think of it this way, you want to know what the leave schedules are and if there is room to take leave, do you talk to the 3 year AN or do you talk to the LPO or CPO
so are you saying that a board next week is feasible?