• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Josh3714

Generally not, several OR's get info directly from the PM's, the processors while they do vital work are essentially the lowest guys at NRC, their info was in most cases rarely correct because the Director just hadn't been able to update them.

I just noticed you are AD, so think of it this way, you want to know what the leave schedules are and if there is room to take leave, do you talk to the 3 year AN or do you talk to the LPO or CPO

You have a point but so many people are saying so many different things so I feel that unless someone is willing to reference a name and some contact information or at least a link for where they got their information they shouldn't be putting anything out about when the board supposedly is.
I spoke with Ted Williams and Homer Elam. Both Fleet Processors for OCS.
(901) 874-9028

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Tomorrow will be two weeks from when my paperwork for MEPS was submitted. Is it normal to wait this long for a date?

AmericanJoe

You have a point but so many people are saying so many different things so I feel that unless someone is willing to reference a name and some contact information or at least a link for where they got their information they shouldn't be putting anything out about when the board supposedly is.
I spoke with Ted Williams and Homer Elam. Both Fleet Processors for OCS.
(901) 874-9028

Couldn't resist, sorry brah lol - Everyone's just posting what they're hearing from their OR's, basically what's always been done on this forum before an upcoming board. Don't let the cabin fever getcha

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot

find some motivation to get through the waiting period. maybe it'll be monday and maybe it wont. I'm learning it shouldnt matter what the date is because it ultimately shouldnt change your desire to be a Naval Officer, and it hasnt changed mine. If you miss the board or dont make it then you have even more time to improve your package. Just make sure you're not the guy who complains about waiting and then gets to OCS out of shape and can't hack it. As long as that's not you, you can sleep easy no matter when the board is. It gives us more time to get into shape in my mind. Also, once we make it in the schedule/timeline we have in our head probably means jack anyway so I figure get used to it and don't be the complainer.

Last edited:

JFShampy

pilot
I was told to submit my package by November 23rd last year... I submitted it 2 weeks before that date and then got word back on the 20th. Pro rec for NFO/SWO, no for SNA due to a MEPS screw up I won't go into.

Anyway I got the issue cleared up and reapplied before the 23rd date I was originally supposed to apply by. Here I am in February waiting for results lol.

Long story short... ORs don't know when it will happen because the date is based on how many packages they have to review.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I was told to submit my package by November 23rd last year... I submitted it 2 weeks before that date and then got word back on the 20th. Pro rec for NFO/SWO, no for SNA due to a MEPS screw up I won't go into.

Anyway I got the issue cleared up and reapplied before the 23rd date I was originally supposed to apply by. Here I am in February waiting for results lol.

Long story short... ORs don't know when it will happen because the date is based on how many packages they have to review.
damn, determination. if I get the go ahead on at least NFO I'm going to take it. it seems as if everything is tight competition and being up in the air is the same to me whether is the front seat or the back. Lets git'er done boys and girls.

JFShampy

pilot
BA Criminal Investigations- 3.2 GPA
High school wrestling captain
2 years fraternity president
Lots of community service

7,8,8 56 ASTB

find some motivation to get through the waiting period. maybe it'll be monday and maybe it wont. I'm learning it shouldnt matter what the date is because it ultimately shouldnt change your desire to be a Naval Officer, and it hasnt changed mine. If you miss the board or dont make it then you have even more time to improve your package. Just make sure you're not the guy who complains about waiting and then gets to OCS out of shape and can't hack it. As long as that's not you, you can sleep easy no matter when the board is. It gives us more time to get into shape in my mind. Also, once we make it in the schedule/timeline we have in our head probably means jack anyway so I figure get used to it and don't be the complainer.

Getting in better shape is easier said then done when the nearest gym is 30 minutes away and its been under 20 degrees outside for the last six weeks :p

JFShampy

pilot
Hind sight: I was mad about the MEPS screw up and couldn't accept a no on that basis.

All this waiting though, I know I can be happy being an NFO

O ya... I have 60 hrs flight time

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Getting in better shape is easier said then done when the nearest gym is 30 minutes away and its been under 20 degrees outside for the last six weeks :p
I follow but def. dont need a gym to do at least pushups and situps, perhaps a indoor pull up bar lol, and be thankful its not -20. It could be worse and if 20 degrees outside is a limiting factor I'd hope that someone doesnt make it who had to put up with worse conditions. Make the most of it I guess.

JFShampy

pilot
Anyone do a practice prt at home?

I started a passing grades in December and now have excellent in everything except running.