• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Josh3714

The ORs do not know when the board is. They just tell you guys it could be sooner so that you will work to get your packet together as soon as possible. Just make the best packet you can how ever long that takes. The only ticking clock that we should be concerned with is our age due to the age limits. Bottom line is we won't really know until we get the results of the board.

exNavyOffRec

You have a point but so many people are saying so many different things so I feel that unless someone is willing to reference a name and some contact information or at least a link for where they got their information they shouldn't be putting anything out about when the board supposedly is.
I spoke with Ted Williams and Homer Elam. Both Fleet Processors for OCS.
(901) 874-9028

Homer is a better processor, but having dealt with both of them personally repeatedly over several years my comments stand, info from them is why I started going directly to the program managers, if DIVO is getting info from the PM it will be more accurate, should info change after she talks to the PM that is a different story, but on several times I would be looking at an email from the director with information saying "A" but the processors were swearing up and down it wasn't accurate, until they were corrected by the PM's.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
In terms of motivation, here's a video created from the speech that my hero Arnold Schwarzenegger gave at USC.

And an ESPN special.

Get pumped.

Aris

NavyGuy05
Hey guys, been following these forums since November and figured I'd throw my information in for the mix:
9th year Navy reservist - NFO/SNA/SWO/Supply
Age 26
ASTB - 6/6/6 , 59
Psychology B.A., 3.00
HM2 with Marine unit
8 years work leadership experience
3 LoRs: 0-6 navy, current Commanding officer of my unit 0-4, and my employer (I'm an Inventory Manager)
PQ'd: 20140204
Submitted: 20131130

Aaron36

Hey guys, been following these forums since November and figured I'd throw my information in for the mix:
9th year Navy reservist - NFO/SNA/SWO/Supply
Age 26
ASTB - 6/6/6 , 59
Psychology B.A., 3.00
HM2 with Marine unit
8 years work leadership experience
3 LoRs: 0-6 navy, current Commanding officer of my unit 0-4, and my employer (I'm an Inventory Manager)
PQ'd: 20140204
Submitted: 20131130

Hi Aris; welcome to the group!

Aris

NavyGuy05
Thanks Aaron36, glad to join the discussion. By the way guys, I don't know if this helps, but my OR spoke with the PM last week and was told that the boards will convene as soon as there are 100 NFO and 75 SNA applicants. I'm applying for both and hoping to get the option of choosing SNA :). That would just be so exciting

JFShampy

pilot
Thanks Aaron36, glad to join the discussion. By the way guys, I don't know if this helps, but my OR spoke with the PM last week and was told that the boards will convene as soon as there are 100 NFO and 75 SNA applicants. I'm applying for both and hoping to get the option of choosing SNA :). That would just be so exciting

The last time I checked my OR showed me the recruiting needs for Southern California it said 20 SNAs for the district. I think there are 26 districts and if each have the same quota I believe that number could be more like 500... But that's just me making an educated guess lol.

headinclouds

The last time I checked my OR showed me the recruiting needs for Southern California it said 20 SNAs for the district. I think there are 26 districts and if each have the same quota I believe that number could be more like 500... But that's just me making an educated guess lol.
The yearly goals do not need to be met in one board. The numbers quoted by Aris's OR could just be the bare minimums they need to justify looking over packets.

halfbreed83

I was told to submit my package by November 23rd last year... I submitted it 2 weeks before that date and then got word back on the 20th. Pro rec for NFO/SWO, no for SNA due to a MEPS screw up I won't go into.

Anyway I got the issue cleared up and reapplied before the 23rd date I was originally supposed to apply by. Here I am in February waiting for results lol.

Long story short... ORs don't know when it will happen because the date is based on how many packages they have to review.
I call my OR and he always says he doesn't know anything