• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Have you read The Education of a Bodybuilder? That book is pure inspiration.

Long lift the King.

No, I haven't gotten around to read any of his books, but he is living proof that anyone can accomplish anything.

Also, another video to keep your mind busy. The F/A-18's vs F-35. Thought this was hilarious.

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
I may have only made things worse but I threw in some power rankings. Its looking like 6,7,6 55 with a 3.4 is the middle ground (maybe considered the competitive mark). After all its only the numbers and we all bring different intangibles to the table. Take out the GPA and its almost dead on navy competitive stats for pilot

Hey I looked on that sheet my ASTB numbers are mixed up, I have a 7 on PFAR, a 7 for FOFAR and a whopping 5 for AOR! :) anyway I wont be up for this board I have to wait until May, June, or July whenever the board will be held around that time. OR said I could apply 12 months out, but was then swiftly( 3 months later) corrected and my dreams put on hold!:(

I hope everyone gets picked up!!! :cool:

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Hey I looked on that sheet my ASTB numbers are mixed up, I have a 7 on PFAR, a 7 for FOFAR and a whopping 5 for AOR! :) anyway I wont be up for this board I have to wait until May, June, or July whenever the board will be held around that time. OR said I could apply 12 months out, but was then swiftly( 3 months later) corrected and my dreams put on hold!:(

I hope everyone gets picked up!!! :cool:
Damn a 5?

brogdawg32

Guys I have a question, need to double check. I had a speeding ticket, my only moving violation, that exceeded $300. Paid it on time and it's all settled. Do I have to discuss this in box 15 of the APSR? Or just list it on NASIS and that's it?

My recruiter says I need to use some of box 15 to explain it, even though no part of the APSR talks about tickets

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Guys I have a question, need to double check. I had a speeding ticket, my only moving violation, that exceeded $300. Paid it on time and it's all settled. Do I have to discuss this in box 15 of the APSR? Or just list it on NASIS and that's it?

My recruiter says I need to use some of box 15 to explain it, even though no part of the APSR talks about tickets

Box 15 on the ASPR is remarks boosting your application, ie: clubs, sports, etc. I reported mine on the NASIS, my OR, and to the people at MEPS. It was my only one and was in the high 200s. Zoned out driving with my foot on the acceleration. Never again.

brogdawg32

Ok that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure he made a mistake and I don't need to talk about my tickets on the APSR at all.

I got caught going 48 in a 30, when in approximately 750 feet the speed limit changed to 40. Poor decision, cost $400 a few years back

Edit: he just confirmed with me that I need to address it even though it doesn't ask for it.

Last edited:

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
damn $400:eek: paying the ticket was the actual crime! Don"t feel bad I have 2 tickets and one was doing a 65 in 45, cop gave me a break and only ticketed me for 10 over.

reFLYluwasch

pilot
Wow! Awesome scores going for this SNA/NFO/SWO Rolling Board. Here are my basics.

Male, 25
Non-prior
ASTB 5: 48 5/6/5
ASTB 4: 50 6/7/6
University of Hawai'i at Hilo
Major: Aquaculture
GPA: 3.01

AmericanJoe

No, I haven't gotten around to read any of his books, but he is living proof that anyone can accomplish anything.

Also, another video to keep your mind busy. The F/A-18's vs F-35. Thought this was hilarious.

Made me laugh, thanks for the share

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
Never seen a 2 point different between the AQR and PFAR.

By the way I hope you took my comment as a joke :D, I was just a surprised to see that as well. Right after I took the test I saw the 5 but immediately was jumping for joy when I saw my PFAR and FOFAR. My OR thinks I have a pretty good chance at being picked up when the time comes ( hopefully I didn't jinx myself). How was OCS by the way? If I can I would like to PM you and ask you some questions tomorrow right now I'm hitting the hay!

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
Wow! Awesome scores going for this SNA/NFO/SWO Rolling Board. Here are my basics.

Male, 25
Non-prior
ASTB 5: 48 5/6/5
ASTB 4: 50 6/7/6
University of Hawai'i at Hilo
Major: Aquaculture
GPA: 3.01

Hey thanks man! Congrats on bringing your scores up on the ASTB! Taking that test twice proves to me you want that aviator slot!!!

You Live in Hawaii!? lucky.... I live in Michigan this winter has been interesting to say the least.:rolleyes:

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
In terms of motivation, here's a video created from the speech that my hero Arnold Schwarzenegger gave at USC.

And an ESPN special.

Get pumped.

Awesome motivation! I didn't know his background story, but it made me want to go to the gym and kick-ass!!:mad:

Speaking of the gym, I perform all the necessary exercises as far as my OR says too ( Push ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, running), but are any of you guys doing anything else in the gym? Would it be beneficial for me to lift heavy weights or should I strictly stick with push-sit-pull-run?