• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
anyone have any insight on the turn-around process for ProRec? Should I be the one to call my recruiter or just wait for the call from the recruiting office? I still havent heard results from INTEL and didnt want it to be this way for Pilot/NFO
Don't be that guy. He/she will contact you when there is news. Practice being patient as it is much needed while at OCS because you won't find out until the week of graduation if you are medically qualified for aviation or get orders till then.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Don't be that guy. He/she will contact you when there is news. Practice being patient as it is much needed while at OCS because you won't find out until the week of graduation if you are medically qualified for aviation or get orders till then.
Will do...so you may be there for 11 weeks and get told you can't get in a plane or just no SNA? Possibility of NFO?

brogdawg32

you won't find out until the week of graduation if you are medically qualified for aviation or get orders till then.

If you get DQ'd for SNA and NFO per chance, you don't lose your chance for commission correct? You'd just sit in limbo until they reassign you and give orders?

The_Pants

Any official news whether or not a board convened this month? Only because I just got off the phone with my OR and he informed me that a board would most likely meet in March, but if any news erupts he'd call me.

Kees

SNA Select
Can anyone confirm that an SNA/SNFO board was held this week? If the rumors are true, this will be my fifth straight missed board.

brogdawg32

A bunch of recruiters have said it has. My recruiter told me last night he was told it had convened.

He says a board in March is possible but unsure about number of applicants, and a board in April is for sure

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
If you get DQ'd for SNA and NFO per chance, you don't lose your chance for commission correct? You'd just sit in limbo until they reassign you and give orders?
That's a kick in the pants either way...I would guess they only thing to change in my physical is vision perhaps? Seems odd to spend the navy budget on people who might make it through

Kees

SNA Select
That's a kick in the pants either way...I would guess they only thing to change in my physical is vision perhaps? Seems odd to spend the navy budget on people who might make it through

I agree. It's one thing to get DQ'ed and have your dreams crushed, it's quite another to leave your family, your job, etc., to undergo a few months of intense training to become a Naval Officer only to be sent home in the end with nothing to show for it. Not to mention wasted taxpayer dollars.

After all the sacrifice it takes just to get into OCS, I would hope the Navy would give one the opportunity to re-designate into another field.

Josh3714

A bunch of recruiters have said it has. My recruiter told me last night he was told it had convened.

He says a board in March is possible but unsure about number of applicants, and a board in April is for sure

Ted Williams and Homer Elam still say no board has convened yet and still scheduled for April.

Mr Spenz

pilot
Will do...so you may be there for 11 weeks and get told you can't get in a plane or just no SNA? Possibility of NFO?
Yes. You'll go through a in depth flight physical that get sents to NAMI. You won't hear back till the 11th or 12th week. I got my orders the Wednesday before I commissioned.

Mr Spenz

pilot
I think right now if you get NPQ'd for aviation (SNA & SNFO) then they put you up for SWO. If you don't get selected for SWO then you can go Staff Corps or Restricted if they pick you up. But if you get SWO its "go SWO or go home".

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I think right now if you get NPQ'd for aviation (SNA & SNFO) then they put you up for SWO. If you don't get selected for SWO then you can go Staff Corps or Restricted if they pick you up. But if you get SWO its "go SWO or go home".
Ok so nfo is still fair game though.

The_Pants

Ted Williams and Homer Elam still say no board has convened yet and still scheduled for April.
So much conflicting info. We may never know if a board has actually convened, just the thought of it gets everyone jumping. Can anyone give any solid info?