• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

exNavyOffRec

As it turns out my OR has just been checking for an update on my status online. NavyOffRec should hebe contacting the PM directly for the results?

It should be coming to him in an email from his OPS or OACR, but you may have an issue since in order to meet the max age requirements you should be in OCS now as you need to be commissioned by age 31 for NFO and SWO

khovermale

[quote="NavyOffRec, post: 772239, member: 32239"should be coming to him in an email from his OPS or OACR, but you may have an issue since in order to meet the max age requirements you should be in OCS now as you need to be commissioned by age 31 for NFO and SWO[/quote]
"You may have an issue" sounds a bit ominous, especially as i was told it shouldn't be an issue. I appreciate the info though.

exNavyOffRec

[quote="NavyOffRec, post: 772239, member: 32239"should be coming to him in an email from his OPS or OACR, but you may have an issue since in order to meet the max age requirements you should be in OCS now as you need to be commissioned by age 31 for NFO and SWO
"You may have an issue" sounds a bit ominous, especially as i was told it shouldn't be an issue. I appreciate the info though.[/quote]

Mr. Spenz had someone that exceeded the age in his OCS class, he can describe what happened, the PM should have caught the age issue and pro X'd you unless he thought a board would happen earlier, what did your OR say about your age?

khovermale

My OR said not to worry about it because i should still have enough time. Of course the boatd was thought to be in January then. The PM did catch it but just said i needed an age waiver and sent it to board.

khovermale

Also, my OR said people elapse the max age frequently enough that as long as i prorec beforehand they would most likely push it through.

akjim101

Congrats to all that got the PROY news today. My OR called and told me I didn't make it in time for this board, but over 90% of applicants were picked up. He said he's not sure when the next board will be, but at most it will be 120 days from last Monday. So now I have to go back to the hurry up and wait game.

exNavyOffRec

Also, my OR said people elapse the max age frequently enough that as long as i prorec beforehand they would most likely push it through.

an age waiver would be required prior to board, he would send you to board if he thought there would be a chance you could get in by the max age, I have had a few people that had an age issue due to misc things, a delay in boards resulted in a few people not being able to meet the age requirement, they were turned away, I had a SWO who was selected and issued a FS but then it was taken back due to billet issues, that person exceeded the max age and it ended up being waived since 1) it was NRC fault, 2) FS was issued then revoked, and 3) SWO

maybe you will slip thru, did you apply NFO and SWO?

khovermale

an age waiver would be required prior to board, he would send you to board if he thought there would be a chance you could get in by the max age, I have had a few people that had an age issue due to misc things, a delay in boards resulted in a few people not being able to meet the age requirement, they were turned away, I had a SWO who was selected and issued a FS but then it was taken back due to billet issues, that person exceeded the max age and it ended up being waived since 1) it was NRC fault, 2) FS was issued then revoked, and 3) SWO

maybe you will slip thru, did you apply NFO and SWO?
I applied NFO, SWO and AMDO in that order