• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Kees

SNA Select
Thanks Kees. My problem is 2 boards have gone by that my OR said my pkg made it to. So twice I've waited and waited expecting results. You guys all post your good news and then it's 1-2 weeks later I find out I didn't make the board. This time I had to find our from a forum member.. My OR still hasn't even given me the bad news yet about this board. But 2 sounds better than 5 so maybe I should relax a bit lol. Btw, I still don't know who my processor is.

No worries. My recruiter told me the same thing (kit is at board) on three separate occasions only to find out it I missed each board.

What your recruiter probably means is that he/she has submitted your kit to the processor, who is then responsible for verifying completeness and accuracy. Once your processor checks your kit off as complete, it should be submitted to the board. Unfortunately, some recruiters fail to differentiate between being submitted to the processor and submitted to the board--you and I seem to have found out the hard way.

Additionally, feel free to relax, but DO NOT be passive! That is why it took my kit so long to get completed. I was so worried about annoying my OR that I forgot the fact that it was my future and my dream on the line. Don't hesitate to take on a bit of initiative to ensure your kit gets where it needs to go. Be respectful, tactful, etc., but don't be afraid to ask questions, make requests and hold your OR accountable.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Kees

SNA Select
I talked to my OR today and the only thing he said is the intel board didnt go well for people. How is it that he still doesnt know about the results and everyone and their brother seem to. Including an applicant who supposedly has the list?!

NOT trying to rag on him. I just dont understand the logistics of the situation.

Logistics is the key word here. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that us applicants don't see. Some recruiters seem to be very well versed in their duties and how to go about getting and managing timely and accurate information, while others seem to be clueless. I'm not sure what is going on behind the scenes in your situation, but it's apparent that there is a disconnect somewhere.

I'd suggest being frank, but tactful with your concerns and ask your recruiter to verify board information with you in person. He/she should be able to pull up your kit in CRIMS and verify it's location, status, etc. It probably wouldn't hurt to request a little conference call between you, your recruiter and your processor as well. I did all the above and everything seems to have finally worked out.

Best of luck!

cb812

SNA
For all of you recent Pro Y's for SNA, or past Pro Y's... what are the steps between Pro Y and Final Selection/Class Date?

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
And most SNAs from 02Dec13 were getting Jun14 dates, correct? That means roughly a six month wait I believe, but someone correct me if I am wrong.

JFShampy

pilot
And most SNAs from 02Dec13 were getting Jun14 dates, correct? That means roughly a six month wait I believe, but someone correct me if I am wrong.
They are working hard to get me out next month. I turn 27 in August and have to be in OCS before May 11th.

I'm sure they took that into account when they saw my age. Hoping it all works out, or else I'll be reapplying for SWO.

A$AP

None
Has everyone from the December board gotten a FS letter yet? I doubt we would get one before everyone from that board has.

cmd44

Pro-Rec Y SNA/NFO 3/6/14
Wow June? Can anyone from December board confirm this? I know last summer July Board got Oct 6th. So I was planning on 2 months or from FS letter. I think I'd rather wait 2 months instead of 6 but more time to prepare I suppose.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
And I may be talking crazy here, as another factor is what availability dates were listed on everyone's individual APSRs. Other factors that might affect your date is if you are a SNA approaching the 27 year deadline or IW folks who seem to wait a bit longer to get OCS slots, but I speaking generally about SNAs.

Obviously many folks are graduating from college in May14 and I doubt you will get a class date before graduation, but anecdotally (basically I checked out as many "OCS Dates" threads as I could find) many folks selected in early Dec13 seemed to get April/ May/ June OCS dates. Can anyone else weigh in?

A$AP

None
And I may be talking crazy here, as another factor is what availability dates were listed on everyone's individual APSRs. Other factors that might affect your date is if you are a SNA approaching the 27 year deadline or IW folks who seem to wait a bit longer to get OCS slots, but I speaking generally about SNAs.

Obviously many folks are graduating from college in May14 and I doubt you will get a class date before graduation, but anecdotally (basically I checked out as many "OCS Dates" threads as I could find) many folks selected in early Dec13 seemed to get April/ May/ June OCS dates. Can anyone else weigh in?
That would fit what my OR said when I got the call from this board. He said expect a FS letter any time from April to June. With our board being 2 months after the December board, my guess is OCS class dates in July or August. But time will tell.

Josh3714

I know someone who got selected at the December board and went to OCS last month.