• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

JAN/FEB/MAR 2014 Rolling SNA and SNFO Boards

Marmaduke

FS SNA
Just jumping in. I think I accidentally posted in the SWO thread.

Got pro-rec Y for SNA and NFO out of Spokane. No on SWO. This was my packet.

Applied SNA/NFO/SWO
6/7/6 65
BA Law and Justice, Central Washington University - Private and Instrument Pilot's License
3.373 cumulative GPA
LORs O-4 (ex Naval F18 pilot), O-5 (ex Air Force Pilot), O-7 (Navy), E9 (Army)
2.5 years work as a paralegal

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had SWO second. Does NRC ever explain why someone wasn't selected?
No they do not explain non-select. I was also surprised you were not picked up. When you resubmit, suggest you pursue 3 or more LORs from Officers O-4 and above. You had a higher GPA/much higher ASTB & OAR, than one ProRec-Y I checked, but one big difference was his 3 militaryO LORs. Don't know if that's it or not, but it kind of stood out when I compared the posted package info. Also, think back if there were any leadership experience(s) you may not have documented which would help. PM me if you have any questions... just start improving your package to resubmit. I know it's frustrating, but DON'T GIVE UP!;)
BzB

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
No they do not explain non-select. I was also surprised you were not picked up. When you resubmit, suggest you pursue 3 or more LORs from Officers O-4 and above. You had a higher GPA/much higher ASTB & OAR, than one ProRec-Y I checked, but one big difference was his 3 militaryO LORs. Don't know if that's it or not, but it kind of stood out when I compared the posted package info. Also, think back if there were any leadership experience(s) you may not have documented which would help. PM me if you have any questions... just start improving your package to resubmit. I know it's frustrating, but DON'T GIVE UP!;)
BzB
I think it was more because of his age. I believe he would have needed to be in a March class before aging out of Aviation, so there was a very small turn around time and OCS classes may already be filled. As for SWO I believe it was because he had it as his third choice. Right now it rare to be selelcted for SWO if it's now an applicants first choice. That is my take.

Marmaduke

FS SNA
I think it was more because of his age. I believe he would have needed to be in a March class before aging out of Aviation, so there was a very small turn around time and OCS classes may already be filled. As for SWO I believe it was because he had it as his third choice. Right now it rare to be selelcted for SWO if it's now an applicants first choice. That is my take.

That makes sense. My recruiter said she has had a very difficult time getting anyone picked up for SWO. It was listed as my third choice, but I did not get it. Really, it would have been my second, but since intel was another choice, she recommended putting that first saying that board wanted it ranked 1st or 2nd.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As for SWO I believe it was because he had it as his third choice. Right now it rare to be selelcted for SWO if it's now not an applicants first choice. That is my take.
Yeah, could be age. If he still wants a commission, then should resubmit with SWO as first choice. Should be no problem with his GPA/OAR.:)
BzB

Mr Spenz

pilot
My "now" in the statement was because you could get selected for SWO with it as an applicants third choice not so much anymore. But yes I agree he should reapply if he wants a Commission. Also look into IDC since he does have a Mathmatics Degree.

headinclouds

Thank you, everyone, for the insight. I do believe I was not selected for aviation due to my age, butI had listed SWO as my second choice. I was only asking about NRD explaining because my OR said that he had asked his XO to look into what happened, and he said he would get back to me when he found out.

Although it was a dream of mine to wear those shiny gold wings, not being selected for aviation has not deterred me from wanting to serve in the Navy. Because of my math background, I have found myself researching IW and Subs.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you, everyone, for the insight. I do believe I was not selected for aviation due to my age, butI had listed SWO as my second choice. I was only asking about NRD explaining because my OR said that he had asked his XO to look into what happened, and he said he would get back to me when he found out.

Although it was a dream of mine to wear those shiny gold wings, not being selected for aviation has not deterred me from wanting to serve in the Navy. Because of my math background, I have found myself researching IW and Subs.

They don't say why not, and once the board is complete the sheets with notes are disposed of, so trying to ask and get info on a single person when the board member reviewed 100+ and probably paid little if any attention to the names is unrealistic.

Mr Spenz

pilot

Remember on top of that there is SWO-IW and SWO-Nuke. Gives you more designators to apply for. Good luck.