• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

N9148Q

Contributor
Ya like I said would be kinda nice to know how many usually apply and what the general number is that are picked up. Then we can all sit here and continue to make assumptions and play out every possible scenario in our heads (dont act like you dont already haha). Hmmm may help pass a little more time. Then again maybe best not to know.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Can anyone confirm that its OCS or everyone? I would love for rotc and academy snas and snfos to be in the mix. If not il give TN a call.

NROTC and Boat school bubbas have their own slots for designations. As has always been explained to me, pretty much what doesn't get filled there, gets filled by the OCS guys. 175 apps is going to be strictly OCS, consider the fact that they did not hold a DEC Board (aside from supply) and that is where the number is coming from. 175, for two months worth of apps for every designator (I would venture to guess that even the SPECOPs apps are in that mix too)

nugget61

pilot
Dang slow phone Internet beat me to it. Academy and ROTC folks don't go to ocs so were not compeqting with them. For a 2 month board I would have guessed more than 175 total

Scruff

None
Contributor
Here are July of 2009's appicant/selection ratio:
http://www.navy-officer.com/blog/

Good info, but take into consideration the time of year and the fact we don't know if a board met before in June or not.

I don't think 175 is for aviation only. But if you look at July and assume it was a one month board, add up the bdcp and non bdcp apps, double them and its not to far off.

Specwar meets in January and July....so yes they are included if the 175 is a total applicant number.

tuke09

A poster on Navyocs.com says his OR informed him that there are 297 applicants for Intel this January.. yikes that is alot.

mjulian

Lingerer
175!?!?!? That had better be a grand total for all officer fields not just for SNA.

Also where are all these people? Why aren't they on this board?

There had better be an army of people applying with trhe following stats:
3/3/3/35
2.15 GPA in Underwater basket weaving from Jim Bob's Interweb Kumunity Kolledg
Extra Circulars: Level 1000000 Dungeon Master,
Moto Statement: I don't really like the military but I can't find a real job. You guys have to accept me cause military peoples are all dumb and I am a genius by comparison.
Letters of Recommendation: My mommy says that I'm the most specialest boy in the whole wide world

How did you get my stats? But you forgot that Im a level 7000 in world of warcraft

nugget61

pilot
Piggybacking on what was said earlier, I wouldn't doubt ~175 sna applications for this board - considering that it's the culmination of 2 boards, we're in a crappy economy and there's no denying that this has got to be the best job in the world, there would understandably be a lot of folks applying.
That said, I would be shocked if less than 90% of the (sna/snfo) posters on here don't get picked up.
And now time to go drink the weekend by faster...

usnavytron

Piggybacking on your Piggyback,
From what i understand from millington it is approx 175 kits for supply only. I have no clue how many SNA/ NFO/ INTELL kits there are butt would guess alot. hope it helps

V/r
AT1 S

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
Piggybacking on your Piggyback,
From what i understand from millington it is approx 175 kits for supply only. I have no clue how many SNA/ NFO/ INTELL kits there are butt would guess alot. hope it helps

V/r
AT1 S

holy poop stains batman! It must sure suck to be on the convening board for this month as a board member! Mebbe they can claim lose of vision to the VA for it...

flyman3456

Goshawk
any unders want to switch to overs? Shall we move the line back a few days? It might take a few days to review all the kits anyhow.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
hay yanks,
are you at frc/AIMD or station wepons.

Weps. HM-15 was down here and got hit with BRAC, so they relocated to Norfolk. FRC followed em there, I don't think we have anyone left in FRC here. I could be wrong, but if we do, it's a skeleton crew on it's last legs.

Triumph57

Well now that we know the high number of kits it will almost certainly be over. If all the overs would agree to move the deadline back a few days that would be cool. If not, I'm a man of my word and I'll pay up.

visual_scan

Hey guys, I don't think that I can keep from posting any longer, the anticipation for the board results it getting to me, too. I I submitted my paperwork back at the beginning of November. I turn 27 in September, so if i'm not selected at this board, it's not likely i'm going to have enough time to get a comission with March board results. I hope that everyone may have the wind at their backs... put me in as an over!

M/26
SNA only
BS Aviation Science, Western Michigan University, 3.18
9/9/9 62
CFI/II > 850 hrs, 7/8 student checkride pass rate, (4/5 at time of application)
LOR's from employers, pilots, ret. Navy
Volunteer work, athletics
The best mot. statement I could have written for my self
74 PU 70SU 11:00run

-some speeding tickets
-an arrest with dismissed charges