• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

flyman3456

Goshawk
I'm going to bet the results will be out by the end of the week (Jan 29th)

I'll be an under on this bet.

And I will still keep the original over on the first bet.

FLYnotCFI

This is my first AW post! I'm a little late on posting stats, but I should be in the January boards as my package was submitted around Halloween. All this competition and 175 kits is really starting to make my palms sweat! Not to mention a Marine Corps OR just told me Pensacola is backed up for a year and won't be accepting SNAs until 2011.. hopefully just hearsay.

M/22
SNA only
BS Aeronautics, Minor in Flight from ERAU, 3.79
7/8/7 60
Commercial Pilot ASEL AMEL/ IFR/ AGI 405 hours, some aerobatics
5 LORs, most military, some employers
75PU, 55SU, 10:05
-only strike is a 570 cred score

At this point, I want to be a Navy officer far more than a pilot. If I don't make it this time, I'll try for the next 7 years lol.. I just think by then I'll run out of graduation money and have to fund my beer another way!

visual_scan

Unfortunately, I have also heard that Pensacola is backed up with ensigns waiting on API. I suppose the positive light here is that a back up doesn't necessarily mean the Navy doesn't need every one of them.

mjulian

Lingerer
There must be a lot of contracts coming to an end or lot of people coming to retirement. Those are the only things I can think of that would make that happen.

jtmedli

pilot
There must be a lot of contracts coming to an end or lot of people coming to retirement. Those are the only things I can think of that would make that happen.

The Military is typically behind the curve on things like this and it's not like it's their fault. It's hard to predict how many guys will be taking civilian jobs and you can't exactly replace them at will. My Understanding is that the Navy and Marine Corps Needs every pilot they have right now and more, but just not the room at flight school for them.

Hey guys, I don't think that I can keep from posting any longer, the anticipation for the board results it getting to me, too. I I submitted my paperwork back at the beginning of November. I turn 27 in September, so if i'm not selected at this board, it's not likely i'm going to have enough time to get a comission with March board results. I hope that everyone may have the wind at their backs... put me in as an over!

M/26
SNA only
BS Aviation Science, Western Michigan University, 3.18
9/9/9 62
CFI/II > 850 hrs, 7/8 student checkride pass rate, (4/5 at time of application)
LOR's from employers, pilots, ret. Navy
Volunteer work, athletics
The best mot. statement I could have written for my self
74 PU 70SU 11:00run

-some speeding tickets
-an arrest with dismissed charges

Wow very nice packet. I'm almost positive that you'll get pro-rec'd. Im jealous

Triumph57

I don't think we will hear PR or nonselect Monday but at this point I'm obsessed about any piece of news. For example it would be nice to know how many SNA packages there were. Ultimately all this info between now and when we actually hear yay or nay is pretty useless and unimportant but it just feeds into imagining possible scenarios. I know I'll be very nervous until I actually hear the news.

mjulian

Lingerer
I agree. Im one of those people who hates not knowing things, especially this long. Youre right though, those kinds of details are irrelevant to the purpose. However, it would do the OR's so justice so that way we can discontinue our incessant phone harassment.