• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

mbraesicke

Ranger
My recruiter told me that when she called the SNA program manager he confirmed there were over 200 kits for SNA as of Dec 15. Apparently there were quite a few people getting rolled over to the next month since the October boards. She said as far as trying to run through our chances of whether or not we'll get selected (which I know we have all been doing for months now) there's really no way to tell. She was going over stats that some people had that were SNA selects last October. 3.0 GPA music major, 5/5/5 45 ASTB. Never had a job, 2 LOR's from professors, no previous XP with military or flight time. On the other hand had a guy not get selected that got 8's on the ASTB and had over 1,000 hours flight time, 4.0 GPA and excellent LOR's. She said over the years shes given up on trying to find a system to it. All we can do is give them our package and hope for the best (at least thats what I tell myself so I can sleep at night).

mjulian

Lingerer
how often are you making calls?

I only call once a month tops. I dont want to be a pest. but I do see people on the board saying they call multiple times a week.

I really hope this 200 kits deal is just a little off. Im a competitive person but when its not in my hands its very bothersome. I just want to get this over with.

pt6776

That's the only problem though. It wont be over soon. If your PRO REC, the wait is l]just as long and worse and if your NOT PRO REC..., well obviously that sucks much more

I only call once a month tops. I dont want to be a pest. but I do see people on the board saying they call multiple times a week.

I really hope this 200 kits deal is just a little off. Im a competitive person but when its not in my hands its very bothersome. I just want to get this over with.

Im sure that number is just the number of kits that were in as of Dec. 15th. I'd say that a lot of those kits will get rolled over. The amount of kits that the boards usually look over stays pretty constant more or less.

nugget61

pilot
That's the only problem though. It wont be over soon. If your PRO REC, the wait is l]just as long and worse and if your NOT PRO REC..., well obviously that sucks much more

The wait for a FS letter is tons easier than waiting for the PR. You already know you're in at that point.

Who told you this? Just curious

Historically he's right (board numbers are about the same, however Jan is heavy due to Dec), but they're not capping boards anymore so I wouldn't worry about not being seen.

Gus Gorilla

Mjulian, I'm right there with you. I'm as competitive as it gets, but when it's out of my hands like this it's the worst. Looking at some of these other awesome packages being posted I still think I'm hanging in there, but theres nothing to do now to try to push it over the top. Just waiting. It's like waiting months on a photo finish. This sucks, and it's awesome at the same time.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
has anyone called today? I will call my OR tomorrow

I called today. Well I didn't speak with the fleet processor, he is out until Friday. I did however speak to one of the people he mentions to contact in his voicemail. I was told that the boards have apparently not met yet (for SNA) and will be doing so this week as well as potentially next week due to the amount of packages they have to see. The person told me the boards could possible extend until mid Feb, which really really blows :(. Again, this was the processor's peer who told me the info, my only hope is that everything does get banged out this week so results can start to filter down ASAP. Need to know soon, otherwise my ass is gonna be in Atsugi...

Triumph57

I really hope the processor's stand in was passing on bad gouge and/or scuttlebutt about the February thing cause that would really suck. For NYYanks more than for most. I also called today but my OR was busy with an applicant.