• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Japan

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
What's Atsugi all about?

I only passed through there once. It was cold. It is in northern Japan though and relatively close to Yokosuka and Tokyo. Basically, it's off the chain. If you are going to the airwing out there, you may not get all that much time at "home" though. You are foreward deployed and always battle ready/OTS. It's like your in a constant state of work-ups/cruise type atmosphere.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I heard jet guys have to be in the top half or the rag to go to Japan. Others say if you ask for it, you'll get it whatever your standing may be. What's the real deal?
Probably like it always was .... a three step process.

1. When do you finish the RAG???

2. Which squadrons need warm bodies ???

3. That's where you are going .... pack your bags. :)

BlkPny

pilot
Sweet. The liberating freedom of powerlessness and uncertainty. Atleast if it sucks, you aren't responsible for it.

That might very well be the most profound statement made on this site. Very well done. You are sharing a valuable mental health survival skill.

helo_wifey

My husband (lowflier03) and I are stationed in Atsugi now. He's with HS-14, and right now he's floating somewhere on the Kitty. If you have any specific questions let me knwo or send me a PM.

As far as restrictions, there aren't really any. If someone screws up they'll screw liberty for everyone else until the uppers think they've learned the lesson. Our squadron had an 2300 curfew a while back because of some stuff people did, but that was lifted, and its back to 0100 I think.

We/he volunteered to come out here, and we don't regret it. We're both still getting used to the dynamics in the squadron because this is his first tour in the fleet (not in a training squadron) and this is my first experience as a Navy wife. We got married right before we came over.

Like I said, if you have any questions feel free to ask. You can PM the hubby too, though he doesn't get a chance to go on much unless he's in port.

Lawman

None
Sweet. The liberating freedom of powerlessness and uncertainty. Atleast if it sucks, you aren't responsible for it.

Didnt you learn at OCS that as an officer you are responsible for every facet of everything going on around you to include acts of god. I think the single dumbest thing one candidate said while I was there was "SSgt, this candidate is not responsibility for that...." Oh it went a fun place after that I assure you.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Wait till you go to OCS. There you will learn as an officer you are responcible for every facet of everything going on around you to include acts of god. I think the single dumbest thing one candidate said while I was there was "SSgt, this candidate is not responcible for that...." Oh it went a fun place after that I assure you.

He already is an officer. ;)

Lawman

None
Leave it to me not to check his profile before quoting. Still same applies, didnt you learn everything is your responsibilityat OCS.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As far as restrictions, there aren't really any. If someone screws up they'll screw liberty for everyone else until the uppers think they've learned the lesson. Our squadron had an 2300 curfew a while back because of some stuff people did, but that was lifted, and its back to 0100 I think.
CNFJ's curfew is still in effect. What changed was probably CTF70's curfew, it was more strict for awhile.