• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Japan

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNFJ's curfew is still in effect. What changed was probably CTF70's curfew, it was more strict for awhile.

How do they enforce curfew for folks that live out in town? It can't be like the curfew at Osan.

Brett

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Well Brett.....
All the Japanese are Asian.
99.9% of the Americans are not.
If the round eyes are on the street after curfew....

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
How do they enforce curfew for folks that live out in town? It can't be like the curfew at Osan.

Brett
Well, as with any order, ppl ignore it at their own peril/risk aversion quotient, just dont do anything stupid out past its bounds, eh?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well Brett.....

Yeah, but who is enforcing it. Do they have roving SP patrols throughout the city, or are the local LE involved?

Brett

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well Brett.....
True, you stick out around Yokosuka and Atsugi, especially with the increased SP coverage/manning. But, you still have ppl catching the last train to roppongi, and coming back the next morning.... so, guess there are enough gaijin or not enough SP (IE none) up there? eh?

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Leave it to me not to check his profile before quoting. Still same applies, didnt you learn everything is your responcibility at OCS.

I did ROTC, but there's a difference between accountability and responsibility. I doubt the Marines mean to teach you that you are to blame for all circumstances out of your control. We were simply talking about making the best out of a situation you didn't hope for.

By the way, if you try to spell responsibility with a c one more time, I will cry. Even grown men can only take so much :)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yeah, but who is enforcing it. Do they have roving SP patrols throughout the city, or are the local LE involved?

Brett
Heavy SP... a lot more manning for this than when I first got here. Of course, the honch is a ghost town right now, just wait till the CSG gets back!! and the massagie girls are out enforce!!

GMan1976

Banned
Who here has been stationed in Japan? How long? Pros/cons? Tell us your experiences/stories.

Wasn't stationed there, but went to Japan 6 times on deployments. Sasebo and Yokosuka. I took the opportunity (althought time constrained) to do as much travelling there as I could. Beautiful country and wonderful people and culture. Hope this helps! :)

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
I was thinking about doing my first tour over there. What is the tour length, i seem to think its shorter than the standard 3 years, and how often is the ****ty kitty deployed? Also on a side note, anyone know when they are going to replace the kitty with a new CVN?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was thinking about doing my first tour over there. What is the tour length, i seem to think its shorter than the standard 3 years, and how often is the ****ty kitty deployed? Also on a side note, anyone know when they are going to replace the kitty with a new CVN?
KHK is an FDNF asset, and goes on short deployments each year, a lot depends of course on what gaps need to be filled with world wide CSG presence in the respective theaters, which I will not go into here. But, they do get some good port calls coupled with their FTX commitments.

Expect GW in 2008, they just opened the new pier last month here in Yoko (front page news, so no OPSEC or anything). Still quite a few hurdles to go to prepare for the transition, and nothing has been set in stone, but I would not expect it prior to that.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KHK is .....
Is .... the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk, CVA-63, a.k.a. my home away from home that you're so cavalierly abreviating, you Lockheed L-188 Electra driver-san. :)

*sigh* ... The Hawk (amongst others) is/was my ship ... be still my beating heart ... *sigh* :)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
you Lockheed L-188 Electra driver-san. :)
KHK, the Hawk, or as you said, USS KITTY HAWK. A proud CV with a great history here in Japan. But, you notice I didn't call it the sh1ttyhawk, like the previous poster did? ;)

hawkfuji1.jpg

Lawman

None
I did ROTC, but there's a difference between accountability and responsibility. I doubt the Marines mean to teach you that you are to blame for all circumstances out of your control. We were simply talking about making the best out of a situation you didn't hope for.

By the way, if you try to spell responsibility with a c one more time, I will cry. Even grown men can only take so much :)

No we deffinately learned accountability early (standing on line holding rifles at arms length with two fingers on the front site post and two fingers on the charging handle fully extended for a good 20 minutes because we left a rifle in the squadbay) but you were responsible for everything that happened it seemed like. Just trying to make humor out of the situation you stated.

As for the spelling errors I dont know what your talking about :D . And yes I will freely admit I am quite possibly the worst speller on the face of the earth.