• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
And another bit of information, for those fleet guys that have gotten picked up, try to get your hands on the OCS guide to success from a local OR(it is their DEP guide). I nabbed one from NRD Richmond when I drove up there for a whiz quiz. It breaks down everything pretty well and states how all the rank and recognition is stated word for word. It is a bit different than what you learn at RTC. The gouge pack from the OCS website has the same info for the most part but the Success guide is better and you see it how they want it said.

dcushman13

None
My Command Chief spoke to a Master Chief down at PERS today and was told that I will likely have a report date of between November and January. He also said that that could change based on what happens with the upcoming continuing resolution, which doesn't make me too happy.

On a side note: the Master Chief was surprised that I had gone through NRD to apply, since I am on ADSW orders. Any of the OR types have any thoughts on that? I was told by ocsquestions@navy.mil that I couldn't go through the fleet processors. It's a moot point now, since I've been Pro-Recd already, but it would be interesting to hear from you guys. I know that the 1420.1 doesn't seem to differentiate between active and reserve applicants.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
My Command Chief spoke to a Master Chief down at PERS today and was told that I will likely have a report date of between November and January. He also said that that could change based on what happens with the upcoming continuing resolution, which doesn't make me too happy.

On a side note: the Master Chief was surprised that I had gone through NRD to apply, since I am on ADSW orders. Any of the OR types have any thoughts on that? I was told by ocsquestions@navy.mil that I couldn't go through the fleet processors. It's a moot point now, since I've been Pro-Recd already, but it would be interesting to hear from you guys. I know that the 1420.1 doesn't seem to differentiate between active and reserve applicants.

I was also told by the folks down at Millington that I would report prior to the end of the calendar year as long as there are no hang ups with medical.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Yes, they said I would have a class convening date prior to the end of the calendar year. If I recall the last class convening date for this calendar year is Dec 7th or close to that. This is of course given no issues arise with anything.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
What do you mean issues? Thought you were already PQ'd.
That's what I thought too. They said my physical is treated like every other and the docs sometimes can request additional records for injuries and such listed on my 2807. Unlikely? Probably... but I have come to expect anything with the Navy.

exNavyOffRec

My thought is that since you are on ADSW you time on AD is a specified time and because of that they had you go through a NRD.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
This might be a little late but use some eye glasses. Even if your vision is not that bad it helps a whole lot. I ended up with a 20/50 vision when tested at MEPS I retested with my own eye doctor and got 20/30R & 20/40L. The doctor ended up getting me a pair of eye glasses since it was free with insurance and said it would be good for night driving. However, MEPS did not approve his depth perception test I passed so I had to go back in for the depth perception. I luckily brought those eye glasses just in case I was told I could wear them. The glasses were a life saver I believe the test had lines A-F I struggled without them only able to read lines A/B. Once I had them on the rest of the lines were very clear.

Man your eyes are right on the boarder line.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
So I got an email on friday from the OCS fleet processor congratulating me on being PQ'ed to go but then went on to describe yet another obstacle that I have to over come thus possibly delaying my FS letter. I was born in Cote D'Ivoire, but I haven't held a citizenship with that country since I moved to the U.S. back in 1995. Apparently through the eyes of CNRC I did, so now I have to get the security manager at my command to write a letter stating that they destroyed a passport I never had (since I was a minor at the time a passport was not required because I was traveling with my mother). Then I have to write a letter to the Cote D'Ivoire embassy in Washington D.C. to renounce my citizenship. The good thing is that I do not have to wait for a reply from them, I just need to send CNRC a copy of the letter and the mail receipt showing that I indeed mailed it to them and I should be good to go.

Looks like it's time to start writing that letter, hopefully this is the last obstacle before getting an FS letter.

exNavyOffRec

So I got an email on friday from the OCS fleet processor congratulating me on being PQ'ed to go but then went on to describe yet another obstacle that I have to over come thus possibly delaying my FS letter. I was born in Cote D'Ivoire, but I haven't held a citizenship with that country since I moved to the U.S. back in 1995. Apparently through the eyes of CNRC I did, so now I have to get the security manager at my command to write a letter stating that they destroyed a passport I never had (since I was a minor at the time a passport was not required because I was traveling with my mother). Then I have to write a letter to the Cote D'Ivoire embassy in Washington D.C. to renounce my citizenship. The good thing is that I do not have to wait for a reply from them, I just need to send CNRC a copy of the letter and the mail receipt showing that I indeed mailed it to them and I should be good to go.

Looks like it's time to start writing that letter, hopefully this is the last obstacle before getting an FS letter.

If you were born there you a citizen, if your mom became a citizen of the US when you were a minor then you should have become a US citizen thru derivation.

Some countries no matter what you write or say will always view you a citizen of that country if you were born there.